Busking SOUL MUSIC

thereshopeyet

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks

michelew

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks guys. Yes I guess challenge is the right word here. I decided if not now the when??

Wilem - piano too eh??? LOL. Well it's on the radar, but perhaps I should work at getting this one happening first. 'Stand by me' is a gat song and one I'll definitely be learning. Thanks for watching.

Daryl - well once I work out how to play LIKE a bass player and learn some fun recognisable bass lines, there's the whole improv thing to get my teeth into. I'm learning that bass players really do keep the rhythm and foundation if the chord progression together (through readings no listening, the learning that is) and seem to make do a lot of making up bass lines rather than replicating others so much. That's pretty cool I reckon. Anyway endless possibilities indeed. Emotion you say. That's nice to hear. Of course...it could have just been "oh my god!, what IS the next line??' :)

Scott - I would have done what you suggested with this song, except Bill W "I knows" for so long...well longer than my lungs can make it. Playing along with the song has been fun and much more relaxing. So perhaps next upload I'll try that. Thanks. Getting there...LOL I've know I've got a looooooooooooong way to go but that's OK, I'm enjoying the journey. It's been good stress relief too as well as fun. Thanks for the encouragement.

Dermot - what a gorgeous picture. It made me smile. It is fun. Give it a go if you're interested. It will put a smile on your face too.

Thanks guys. I will keep you posted.

Michele

buddy

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:02 pm

Michele, That base sound great !

Bud

tovo

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Hey Michele you are the stuff. Way to go on continuing to challenge yourself, to grow in skill and confidence and to go where you want to go (and be what you wanna be..yeah).

Great vibes. Thanks for taking us with you on the trip.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Hey Michele, you've turned into a whole band all by yourself! Y0u're having too much fun here,,, you'll have to pay double... I'll PM Matt to get it sorted for you. Bwuhahahaha!

Nice going all round girl!

michelew

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Aaaaaaaah, that was WAY TOO COOOOL! :cheer: :cheer:

Can't believe how much you're already able to play on that bassguitar (yeah, I have more proof! ;) )

And you know, besides your playing, you also sang very very well, loved how you phrased certain lines, and you solved that 'I know, I know'-bit really well, very smoothly done indeed! And yeah, i could tell you were having fun! :)

Gosh woman, am sooooo proud of you!!!! You couldn't have made me smile any bigger! (wish there was a emoticon for it)!

Nessa

michelew

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Well I'm smiling big time over here. What a bunch of sweeties.

Buddy - I love the sound too. It really reaches in and grabs me.

Tony - Thanks for your sweet encouragement and support as always mate. :) Trying something new has given me new motivation. So how are the blues coming along?

Chris - :) thanks that's great to hear. So you're reporting me to the authorities for having too much fun and now I have to do hard time. Good to know. :) What have you got in mind something with A-shaped barres in it. Ohhhhh.... What's worse that a dragon? A formation of dragons, a flock? What is a group of dragons called? A firestorm?

Nessa - you are the SWEETEST!!! :blush: :blush: OMG talk about making my morning. I know you're being super generous and that there's a stack wrong with it, but it's sure fantastic to get such a reaction from you. Like a gift from the goddess indeed. A huge thank you. I'm so glad you like it. Your bass playing collaborations really inspired me to start learning this beast. :)

:) :) :) :) etc.

Thank you everyone.

Shel

suziko

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Shel,

Wow, this was so much fun to watch!! Your voice sounded GREAT!! There were a few parts where I know I had a "Did you hear that?" look on my face because you absolutely nailed some really hard notes. I love your bass playing and love how you keep challenging yourself to do new things. Also just loved the energy and feeling you put into this!! IT really does look like you're having a lot of fun!

What a treat! Thanks for posting this!

Suzi

lueders

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:26 am

Michele, You are so cool!! No, really fun, gutsy & cool....yeah, that's more like it! :) :)

This is sounding really cool! :) :) :)

I wanna hear some more of that big thumpy base out of you...please, please...nothing like a base played in this style of song.

In all sincerity...I'm no bassist but I love what you're doing on this!

P.S. A couple of your "semi-recent" posts have now become a little more illuminated...obviously the bass discussion & then also the techie program (garage band) stuff.

michelew

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:34 am

Suzi - way to go with that collaboration! :) still smiling. And you sure brought a smile to my face with your comment on my post too. SO sweet. Maybe those damn camera nerves are finally easing. I'm so glad you liked it. We must be bouncing off each other for inspiration because the way you challenge yourself and achieve your goals (like singing - Geeesh that was good) sure inspires me. Thanks sweetie. Big time.

Cori - you would LOVE the bass! It's crazy, wicked fun. You wouldn't believe how much fun you can have just playing root notes for example. Thanks for calling me cool. B) Image how cool I'll be when I have a clue. :). Thanks for your enthusiastic support. LOVED your mandolin. :)

I can't wait for the next Madison Chill Club Collab. Now THAT will be cool no doubt.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic