Busking SOUL MUSIC

buddy

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Amazing Grace - My Chains are Gone

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

With all of the trials over the past year with Sue's health, and now the very positive news and prognosis for her cancer, I feel like some great burdens have been lifted off of me. This song, which is a modern version of the hymn Amazing Grace, really expresses that sense of relief that I feel. The chains of concern are gone and instead I feel a great sense of gratitude and humility that is very freeing.

Hope you can share in my joy in this song,

Bud

jayswett

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Very nice, buddy. That song suits your voice perfectly. Glad to hear your bride is doing well.

millponddave

Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Buddy,

I'm glad that your wife is doing well. Your version of this song is beautiful. I think that the best music is that which you truly feel inside and also lifts you and the listener up and this song did just that.

Dave

michelew

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:05 am

Buddy,

That was really beautiful and moving. I'm so happy for you and Sue. I'm glad also that your heart if now filled with joy instead of being weighed down with worry and pain.

I expect you've been singing it out. That's great, that you've got music to help with the release too.

Michele

tovo

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:52 am

I went to a guitar festival recently and when the guitarist started to play Amazing Grace I groaned a little, it's been done so often. But he did a bluesy thing with it and it turned out great. So did your version Bud. I thought it was really beautiful. I'm very glad that Sue is OK, there's more than enough people in pain in this World already. Great job.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 am

Magnificent Buddy!
If ever a song was an anthem (Tony's thread) then this is an anthem for the soul saved.
I can't begin to imagine what you and your wife have been through, I can only see how it has transformed your ability to express yourself in a wonderful and awe- inspiring way. I am not a religious person in anyway, quite the opposite, but I really feel this one with you and add my thanks for the love and thanks you share and show here.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:46 am

... that has so moved me, I can't see my computer screen to write... incredibly moving ...

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:48 am

Really really beautiful Buddy, am very happy for both of you and your family!

Ness

snipe

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 am

Wow.. I was moved.. I love that song.
Im happy for you and your family
Mike

MarkM

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Buddy,

Magnificent...................................

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic