Busking in DADGAD

michelew

Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:42 pm

Stuart,

I love this song and your rendition was really gorgeous.

It sounded so sad.

Lovely work.

You're right, happy songs really are overratd.

Thanks for the sweet sadness.

Michele

reiver

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to watch and comment...........

Beaker - Thanks for watching - glad you enjoyed it. There is always a sense of relief for me when a video is posted but perhaps more so with this one. I'm glad I finally got round to learning it but happy to be moving on too!

Chris - Thanks for watching and, as always, your support.

Suziko - Well spotted - you're such a guitar geek. The little Tak has been seeing rather a lot of me recently and it earned a break. I'll be calling her back into service soon - if she's still talking to me. I'm happy you enjoyed the song.

Mike - I wish I could give you a shortcut to fingerpicking. I think I played for about 10 years before I even bought a pick (Of course, that doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who's actually heard me trying to use a pick) But I'd recommend you stick at it - it is very rewarding. Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.

Bob - Thank you - I'm glad you liked it.

Mark - Relaxed? I thought I looked comatose. But inside - there was a party going on! I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for watching and commenting.

Dennis - Thanks, I've been trying to keep the true extent of my talent hidden! Hope the cat isn't out of the bag for too many people. I'm glad you enjoyed it - another great supporter and I appreciate your kind comments.

ff- Hope you don't mind me calling you ff. Thank you, glad you liked.

Tony - Thanks a lot - I think I do know what you mean and I'm perfectly happy to have put some focus back on the guitar for a short while. Of course, I'll go and ruin all that when I finally get around to posting in the Busking Bruce Springsteen thread!

reiver

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Michele! Sneaking in while I'm responding just to get her own response thread - sheesh........

Thanks, Michele - I thought you'd enjoy the sense of poignancy in the melody. Thank you for watching and - as always - your kindness.

Stuart

buddy

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Stuart,

That was just great. Your finger picking is really clean on this and the guitar sounds great. Super stuff !

Bud

Craig

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Stuart,
Thats a beautiful piece, I thought you did a great job with it. Very well played. I'm glad you posted it.
Craig

haoli25

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Bravo, Stuart. A beautiful song played with distinction. I really enjoyed watching your video. Thanks for posting it.

Bill Image

lueders

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Man, that was a nice old song played just really, really well... sounded great. A sense of melancholy with just a sweetness. (What a great arrangement, too.) Where can I get my hands on that? I'm sure I can't play it at well as you... but I'd like to try. Awesome!

Lavallee

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:39 pm

It is beautiful Stuart, very soft and plenty of emotion in your playing. Your guitar sounds very rich. Would you mind reminding me the brand ?

Cheers

Marc

reiver

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Buddy - thanks for watching and your kind words.

Craig - I'm glad you enjoyed it, thank you.

Bill - Thanks, as always, for watching and taking the time to comment.

leuders - I'm glad you liked the arrangement. I'm especially pleased that the sense of melancholy is present in this, an instrumental version. Eric Roche was an incredibly talented guitarist and arranger who sadly died of throat cancer in 2005 at just 37. He was also well known for his teaching and was a regular contributor to guitar magazines here in the UK. If you PM me I'll happily forward the TAB in whichever format suits you.

Marc - Thanks for the kind words. I should point you to Suzi - our resident expert - who noticed that it was my Simon and Patrick guitar, an SP6 to be specific. It was hand built not a million miles from you in the village of LaPatrie, Quebec. You must have heard that Canadian quality shining out.

Stuart

rapsidy

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:01 pm

YES I did B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic