Busking in DADGAD

Lavallee

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Marc - Thanks for the kind words. I should point you to Suzi - our resident expert - who noticed that it was my Simon and Patrick guitar, an SP6 to be specific. It was hand built not a million miles from you in the village of LaPatrie, Quebec. You must have heard that Canadian quality shining out.

I read Suzi post too quick, I must say I have not heard them call S&P (it is not a French thing to use anagrams as in English). I will read more thoroughly next time, my apologies Suzi. :(

Marc :)

suziko

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

It's ok, Marc. I'll let it go......... this time! :)

Suzi

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Well that tugs at the heartstrings! I'm not familiar with the song, but I'm glad you took the time to upload it Stuart.
Very nicely done.

reiver

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:24 pm

rapsidy - I hope you washed your hands afterwards!

Marc, Suzi - I'm glad you two have sorted that out. I don't want any fighting in my thread!

Al - Glad you liked it. I like that the emotion of the song comes across even without the lyrics. Thanks for listening.

I'm slightly surprised by how few people have heard of this song (or maybe it's just unrecognisable the way I play it!) so here's James Taylor's version. If anyone is interested you can easily find alternative versions by Eva Cassidy, Sheryl Crowe, Dusty Springfield and others.

RicksPick

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:25 am

Stuart I Love instrumental
And love your playing
You dont post enough for me
A big thanks

RicksPick

willem

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:41 am

I certainly hear(after listen a view times) JT music through your guitar,,i'm a huge fan of JT but was'nt familair with this song,,after hearing it i find you did a nice job,,thanks Stuart.

BigBear

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:00 am

Hi Stuart,

I'm sorry I'm late, but I really like to sit down for videos so I that I can really listen, and I'm glad I did, like Tony said, it's so nice to just hear the guitar and you've played this one just beautifully, very serene atmosphere, I really enjoyed it! A great and very relaxing start of my morning....

And yes, I don't see you often enough as well, so I'll be looking forward to another post of you (Springsteen??), thanks for sharing this one!

Ness

tvarga

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:16 am

Well, that was beautiful and really well played!
It's nice to see more people giving finger picking a go. :)

michelew

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:45 am

reiver wrote:
rapsidy - I hope you washed your hands afterwards!

Marc, Suzi - I'm glad you two have sorted that out. I don't want any fighting in my thread!

Al - Glad you liked it. I like that the emotion of the song comes across even without the lyrics. Thanks for listening.

I'm slightly surprised by how few people have heard of this song (or maybe it's just unrecognisable the way I play it!) so here's James Taylor's version. If anyone is interested you can easily find alternative versions by Eva Cassidy, Sheryl Crowe, Dusty Springfield and others.

You've got to check out this version too. My favourite.

reiver

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:09 am

Rick - thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wish I could learn things faster - THEN I'd post more.

Willem - if you can hear JT' s music through my guitar I'm a very happy man. Thanks for listening and the kind words, as always.

Ness - I take those words very kindly from someone who has given so much to this site in recent months. I'm happy to feel like I've returned something. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

tvarga - if you'd heard me trying to use a pick you'd understand! Glad you enjoyed it, thank you for taking the time.

michele - Aw, Michele........I thought I was your favourite.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic