Busking Leonard Cohen

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Tony, you forgot to add the

WARNING, LEONARD COHEN, LISTEN ONLY AFTER DARK

sign!

Dang that was good! I liked the travis picking you did and you sang that so well with good inflection and feel, nice and moody. That is certainly a new level of performance you have moved too. I have to say, your progress is really enjoyable to watch. And LC really does suit you. Hearty congratulations mate!

PS. I will let the dust gather on my own little recording of that very same song of last week. And no worries, it's no loss, this is LC thread is up and running and you fill that space very nicely!

tovo

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Thanks Chris, that's very generous of you. I say throw your recording up, why not?

Al...I'll zoom oot. I know what you are talking aboot. It will be a hoot.

Al I may be calling on you for some tech help soon......be warned!

wammer

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Tony

Im thinking you have found your nitch.....I really enjoyed both your playing and singing

Tammy

tovo

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:57 pm

wammer wrote:
Tony

Im thinking you have found your nitch.....I really enjoyed both your playing and singing

Tammy
Hey thanks Tammy. Funny a fellow player from work watched it this morning and commented favourably on the playing. Which made me wonder if he DIDN'T like the singing! I think I was being a bit sensitive to be honest. But anyway, that's a very roundabout way of saying thanks for commenting on both! (eh)

millponddave

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Hey Tony,
Really nice job with that one. I enjoyed it very much and I also didn't realize that it was a Leonard Cohen song.

Dave

tovo

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Hey Dave thanks mate, I really appreciate your comment. Yeah I'm surprised at the number of TGers who weren't aware of this as a LC tune. It's a beautiful piece of poetry from him that's for certain.

rapsidy

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:25 am

Tony

loved it as everyone has already said, and sung well too B) , mortals dont pick up the mistakes :dry:

Brad

NKenny

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Tony
I agree with the others ,your voice fits this style song nicely. Great picking and emotion ,enjoyed it

Kenny

tovo

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Hey Brad thanks mate. Mistakes are a fact of life, I guess the better you get the less you make, but I I think fighting through them is the key.

Hi Kenny, I'm real glad you liked it. Thanks for commenting.

RicksPick

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:07 am

Hi Tony

Fluffs what fluffs?
Impressed with your hard work
Dont know the song
Yours is now the original for me

Nice hat
RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic