Busking Travelling Wilburys

rapsidy

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 am

HHmm sorry folks not sure why this didnt get posted in the original wilburys thread??

One of my favourite songs, got to work on the intro and outro bit and its hard for 1 person to do five parts :) but what a fun song... I was struggling with strumming stamina as its a long song ! run out of breath too!!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:16 am

AN other thang,,but it is allright....reading,making transitions,,,singin', that's a lot of thinking. but it is allright...

BobR

Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi Brad,

That is one of my favorites as well. I am also having a bit of an issue with the intro/outro. I think your doing a fine job on the rest of the song. I did notice it started getting a bit fast and then slowed up. Anyway nice job and I like the way you're doing your vocals on the different parts.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

coomba

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:04 pm

G'day Brad
nice job mate,
This is a fun song to play, I am also currently learning this song and its good to hear that I'm not the only one having trouble with the intro.
You impress me with how many tunes you have learned in such a short time, I can't even remember the words, :laugh:
I think I noticed something in the intro but I'm not entirely sure? , it sounds like you are missing an up strum ,which makes it a bit more rushed and maybe a bit more difficult.
Normally I would never mention things like this as I'm not qualified to make comment but as you said you were having trouble with the intro I thought it may help.
If I heard it wrong please feel free to ignore me and call me names if you like :unsure:
Anyway well done
Cheers
Scott

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:04 am

Hi there fellow Wilburian!!

Nice job on a loooong one. Liked your take on the voices, and you looked like you had a blast playing it- what busking's about!

The intro/extro will come with time..

pbraun

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:09 am

Brad great job on this song.I enjoyed this alot... and it's alright!
Pete

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:02 pm

rapsidy wrote:
HHmm sorry folks not sure why this didnt get posted in the original wilburys thread??

One of my favourite songs, got to work on the intro and outro bit and its hard for 1 person to do five parts :) but what a fun song... I was struggling with strumming stamina as its a long song ! run out of breath too!!
The answer clone yourself 5 times, wonder what PiP would look like with 5 frames ...

I agree with Scott its amazing how many songs you've learned in a relatively short time. Your progress is also fantastic, I haven't tried this one yet but its on my 'Bucket List'.

PS Good to see you've joined the mad hatters club!! lol Its a trend and we now expect a hat with every post...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic