Busking REM

carpet

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi TG-friends!

It was about time that the TG-Dutchies got together, so today we finally did and of course it was a blast!

This is 'Love is all around', wich is a Troggs song, but we (Willem and Vanessa) thought it would be fun to do the R.E.M-version on guitar and bassguitar, so here it is, hope you enjoy!

Cheers

Willem and Vanessa

p.s. To Anton: It was a pity you weren't able to make it, but we sure hope you will join us the next time, take care!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

buddy

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Very fun, you two are very cute. I love the addition of th3e base guitar in this. You need to take this on the road.

Bud

BobR

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Willem / Vanessa,

I enjoyed that very much. Nice playing/ singing and cool to have the bass. It really looked like you're both having a lot of fun..

Thanks so much for sharing

Bob

TGMatt

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:38 pm

It just continually amazes me that this little old site brings people together like this..You guys are so awesome ..Thx for posting

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Now that was simply brilliant no other word for it... Brilliant!!! You guys played so well together , loved the vocals, backing vocals, the Bass and the way you guys interacted... Brilliant we need more!

lueders

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Willem & Vanessa,

Man, that's what music is all about right there! SUPERFUN. You guys did great! That was like peanut butter and
jelly...the way you two gelled together!
(Or is P. B. & J. mainly an American deal? if so, please excuse the expression.)

Seriously, guys what a treat! Was I the only one that couldn't stop thinking about a movie called "Love Actually"?
(Where this song is prominently featured.)

What is your band name? I have taken the liberty of coming up with some really bad ones for you:

1.) "Double Dutch" (For when you tour outside of Holland)
2.) "V. W. Micro Band (It is like the iconic hippie van. Plus, it stands for Vanessa and Willem; while referring to the
size of your band.

Yamaha48

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey Willem and Vanessa.

That sounds realy good,and i see a lot of fun.
Hope the next time,the 3 Dutch buskings.

Cheers Anton

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Magic you guys! Great to see you get together and that was a fun sond which I had no idea was from R.E.M. although I know the song couldn't be more well known!
Duh! You learn something new every day. Loved all the elements to that with the vocals bass and rhythm guitar. Great job!

jimcjimc

Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Vanessa & Willem - Thanks for posting - glad to see you folks got together - that was fun to watch - Jim

skaladar

Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Wow, Willem and Vanessa ... How much fun was that? You guys really made my day ... Great idea to add the bass. I don't see the acoustic bass often. Thanks so much for once again reminding me how much fun this can be. Will there be more?

Ken

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic