Busking REM

willem

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:09 am

Hi TG,it was saterday 19 februari when we met,,we planned this a month ago(Anton,Vanessa en me) and we were looking towards to that,when the day came close Anton mailed me he was not feeling well,,we felt all three sad on that,,but we planned and thought it must happen,Anton felt that way to 'cos were all three looking forward to this meeting,,,so i catched that train early in the morning and arrived 11.00 am in the town Zaandam..

After koffie and some talking and get used to each other(from the first second no problem),,we start playing and search in our music were we both could be happy and lucky to play the whole song and film it...the problem with me is that i know mostly bits from songs,,,we tryed and we tryed,,,we sang and sang,,we transposed and we transposed,,oke,,then we know all that time fly's,,so we choose two songs and filmed thoose in one take(((hahhahah),,well of course more takes,,,some times we were almost on the end of the song and then!!!! well we all know this bloopers i think..

It was a great day and i am happy this came over us,,Vanessa is a great and very very musical Women,,,and i hope we meet again,,at 21..00 pm a toke the train back and in that train i was enjoying this day again..

I have one tip for thoose that will meet each other,,BE PREPARED.... :laugh:

suziko

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:58 am

You two are adorable! I didn't think I could love a video from you two more than And I Love Her, but I liked this even more! The bass, the great vocals from Willem, the backing vocals, the steady rhythm guitar...... what's not to like? I smiled the whole way through and just enjoyed your performance so much. Looks like you two had a great time and I'm glad Willem wrote up a little description of the day because it's fun to hear how things went behind the scenes.

And how cute that they were both "love" songs, given that it was Valentine's week!

Suzi

RicksPick

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:32 pm

WOW that brightened up my day
Smiling ear to ear

RicksPick

pbraun

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Wow, Willem andVanessa that was TOTALLY Great. How special to see members come together. The song choice was excellent and the playing and singing even better. When I saw REM I wasn't expecting this song, didn't even know they covered it.
Sure hope there is more on the way!
Pete

Lavallee

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Vanessa and Willem, it is great that you guys met. You really seem to have a good time together. It is brilliant to have the bass and the guitar together and the result is excellent , good singing and playing guys.

Marc

AndyT

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Hey all!

Thank you áll very very much for all your kind and sweet words! I see Willem has already filled you in on how the day went, what can I say, we just had a very good time and yes a lot of giggles while recording! :lol:

I have to say that things went very natural and relaxed from the very first minute that he got into the car with me, as if we had already met in person before. At my place, yep coffee (yeah yeah later beer and wine! ;) ), but in the meanwhile Willem already started playing his guitar, so sure we chatted but started playing immediately as well. It was very nice to see and hear him play and sing live to me! We did talk about songs before meeting, but didn't decide anything....and this song was quite an unexpected one, Willem played it to me. And I've always thought the REM-arrangement was a fun one, so we just gave it a go!

Buddy: Thanks Bud, thanks for checking it out! Sometimes when playing with others I do like playing another instrument if there is already someone playing the guitar, in this case the bassguitar was the most logical instrument to add to this, am glad you liked it!

Bob: Thank you very much Bob, haha, yeah we did have a great time, it was fun, thanks!

Matt: Thank you very much Matt, you and the TG-team have a lot to be proud of, you dó bring people together!

Chas: Haha, thanks a lot Chas, you're so sweet! Am very happy that you've enjoyed it!

Cori: Hahaha, you continue to make me laugh big time :laugh: , you're so hilarious and yet so sweet as well, thank you very much :P ! (haven't seen the movie though.. :unsure: )

Anton: You were very much missed Anton, we'll do this again and then it will be the three dutch buskers ;) , glad you enjoyed it anyway!

Chris: Thanks a lot Chris, really happy that you liked it all! It is a Troggs song though, but covered greatly by REM! Thanks again!

Jim: Thanks Jim, you also know how much fun it is to get together! Thanks for checking it out!

Ken: Thank you very much Ken, great to hear that we've been able to make your day! And yep, an acoustic bassguitar isn't often seen, REM used one for this song as well (REM unplugged), I like the bassguitar very much and find it a véry important instrument and Willem was already playing the guitar, so it seemed logical to do so. Thanks Ken, am very glad you liked it!

Daryl: I'm very very pleased to hear that you've enjoyed it so much, thank you very much!

Mike: Thank you Mike, yep it was a lot of fun, at the end I almost choked in the laughing :laugh: , couldn't sing anymore but managed to get myself together again, recording-nerves I guess, thanks again for checking it out!

Tony: Tony... :blush: :blush: ...........Mijn hovercraft zit vol palingen!!! (I don't know why they say it though!)..I don't know either, haha! :unsure: :lol: thank you very very much Tony, you're so sweet as you always are!

Pierre: Thank you very much for the sunny-smilie Pierre, just great to hear that it made your day, very much appreciated, thanks!

Craig: Thanks Craig, very happy that you've enjoyed it and that it made you smile, and yep just great to be able to meet in person and to play some music, thanks again!

Michele: Ha Shel! Well finally a happy song right?? They do exist, haha ;) (I forgot as well)! Just great to hear that it made your sunday start cheery and that it made you laugh and smile, since we had a great smiling, laughing and giggling time as well, thank you so very much! The show to Sydney? Ánytime of course! :P

Hydroman: :blush: Thank you very much H. So great to hear you liked it, we sure did try to do our best here, so thanks again!

Bill: Bill, you're so very sweet, thanks for all your sweet words, you all make it só worthy!

Bob: Haha, thank you very much Bob, thanks for checking it out, it's really very much appreciated!

Gary: Thank a lot Gary! I have to admit that I've forgotten about this version as well, wich I did see many many years ago. Actually I was quite charmed about it back then and always remained singing 'papapapa' when doing the Wet Wet Wet-version later, so it was very nice that Willem came up with this one! Thanks again, very happy that you liked it!

Suzi: Hi Suzi! You're so very sweet! :cheer: Just so happy to hear that it made you smile and that you loved it (even more so than the other one, haha! :P )! We did have a great time, I must say that sharing the recording-nerves is a lót more fun than doing it by yourself, it did made me giggle a lot, felt like a little kid in class who's not allowed to laugh and you know what happens then, you just cán't stop! Well luckily I did manage to get myself together again, however it was fun, thanks again Suzi!

RicksPick: Well you've just put a big smile back on my face again as well, thank you very much!

Pete: Thank you so very much Pete, very happy that you liked the song and us performing it! And yes it is special to see members come together, and just great for Willem and I do be able to do so as well, thanks again!

Marc: Thanks Marc, well you sure do know how much fun it is to do such a collaboration! Very glad you liked the combination of guitar and bassguitar, thank you very much!

Thanks all....once again, you're all so very sweet and it is much appreciated!

Cheers

Ness

wammer

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Again I cant tell you how much I enjoyed watching you get together........Im sad for you that Anton could not attend and hope he is feeling better soon....Willem how long was the train trip....
What a great way to make friends....

Tammy

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks

willem

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:03 am

Dermot,,thank you very much for the pic,,,

willem

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:34 am

wammer wrote:
Again I cant tell you how much I enjoyed watching you get together........Im sad for you that Anton could not attend and hope he is feeling better soon....Willem how long was the train trip....
What a great way to make friends....

Tammy

Tammy,,it was a litlle two hour's train run..i would do it with car in one hour but choose the train..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic