Re: Busking whoever whatever

tacticaltal

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:23 pm

All is cool T.

I appreciate it you coming back on this one. Like I said, I was really trying to understand you and trying not to take offense at the same time, but that wasn't easy, haha! ;)

So, really, why not introduce yourself again (in the introduction thread) and let's start over. You do have a very interesting story and I'd love to hear more about it and even more to see you perform, but whatever you like of course.

Cheers

Ness

timeisonloan wrote:
I just read this a couple more times and I still cant for the life of me remember what the point of this thread actually was? but the more and more I read I can see why its hard to know from the outside looking in whether to be angry at this guy, or to laugh or what? "two facebook" indeed, I cant help but laugh at that one, but I recall I had more than a couple of drinks and I had my beer goggles on at that point, I obvioulsy thought I was making a point or 3, but now I have read it back a few more times today, well I cant think of anything to say, but I apologise if I offended anyone. B) :( :blush:

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks

wammer

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:12 pm

"but I recall I had more than a couple of drinks and I had my beer goggles on at that point, "

Man I hate when that Happens............................No pizza for you {inside joke}LOL

Tammy

haoli25

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Time, if you could make a short video of that "self butt whoopin'" and post it here, it would be great. :laugh: :laugh:

I am glad you finally made it to the TG Forum. Your tips, tricks, questions, and opinions are always welcome here.

Bill Image

tombo1230

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 pm

timeisonloan wrote:
I recall I had more than a couple of drinks and I had my beer goggles on at that point, I obvioulsy thought I was making a point or 3, but now I have read it back a few more times today, well I cant think of anything to say, but I apologise if I offended anyone. B) :( :blush:
Welcome to the forum timesonloan, hope to see some busking videos on here. I love watching buskers in Glasgow, it's just such a cool thing to be able to do.

This actually makes you slightly more elitist than most members on here, as most of us would probably like to be able to do it :) Just a little leg pull there :unsure: :)
As for the beergoggles, been there, done that, survived! :huh: B) :laugh:

Tom N.

timeisonloan

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi TheresHopeYet,

Sorry its took me so long to get back to you on this I took time out for a while, but in response to your question:

"I am curious to know why you would use Mr Tambourine Man himself as a benchmark rather than the impressive Gary Moore tune playing guy?"

Well the reason why I would use Mr Tambourine Man as opposed to the Gary Moore tune playing, its not down to having I problem with Gary Moore he is a great guitarist, its just that the Gary Moore busker guy was just playing not singing and doing 10-20 minite solos and was a complete poser, where as Mr tambourine Man was more talented, because he was a more of complete musician,a one man band and everything he was doing was top drawer, vocals + harmonica + guitar + drums + tambourine and the guitar was not simply strumming! having been in a few bands on lead vocals and acoustic guitar I appreciate just how difficult it was to do just those 2 things at the same time, but this guy was doing the lot and thats why he is my benchmark, checkout JonnDaltons version of Dont think Twice,which I have recommended a lesson, this reminds me so much of Mr Tambourine man's version and was much the same as Jonns only Tambourine Mans vocals were better, Dylan himself would be proud .

I suppose looking back now, the main reason what put me off the Gary Moore guy is that guy threatened me while I was busking (apparently on his patch although, I never seen him there before) and luckily for me Mr Tambourine Man intervened and bought me a pint and told me the Gary Moore guy threatened him on a daily basis for the same reason, but he said the Gary Moore guy was only jealous because Mr Tambourine Man was more popular with the locals and made more bucks than the Gary Moore guy and since that day I learned from experience that a Mr Tambourine Man type busker is as good as it gets. I shouldnt have made those comments about how much I made, I guess by that time I had reached a good standard, but I would say in all honesty my vocals were probably better than my guitar on certain songs, like Mr Tambourine Man (ironically).

So to introduce myself properly, why am I here on TG? well I am here and between here and my you tube channel, I am going to revise and revamp my busking repertoire and improve and improvise the guitar wherever possible and learn some more challenging songs, also I am going to record my own material, I have been sat on for some years now and then I am going upload it all to my youtube channel and see what people think. If I learn any songs from TG then I will uplaod them here for review also, So far on youtube I only have one quick run through of Dont Think Twice which was in truth more about getting the filming and editing of a song right, having only just acquired a digital camera that can film in HD, I am still working on Dont Think Twice and when I am happy with that, I am back on with Classical Gas.

Anyway I better go, its getting close to 2am and you now what happens after 2am. :blush:

Cheers All

willem

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Hahaha, you're hilarious, I love a little self-deprecating :P , great to read you back and to hear about your plans and so on!

Cheers

Ness

timeisonloan wrote:
Anyway I better go, its getting close to 2am and you now what happens after 2am. :blush:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic