Collaboration of June Hymn

boldent

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:41 am

Listening/watching your video made me want to run home grab my guitar and start practicing. Thanks for sharing, it made my morning complete. Also, I'd never heard of 'The Decemberists' until now. I downloaded June Hymn from itunes and wow, great band, great song and a really awesome video you two did.

suziko

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Boldent-

Thanks so much for the kind comment! I'm really glad you enjoyed our version of June Hymn. If you liked this song, I'd recommend checking out other songs from the same album The King is Dead. It's a stellar album from start to finish.

Suzi

jayswett

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 am

I just took another look at this collaboration, and I must say once again that this is amazing. Not only the technical aspects of putting Stuart in a room (virtually) with Suzi, but also the peformance of the song itself. Brilliantly done by the both of you.

sws626

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:07 am

Wow Suzi & (other) Stuart. That was just fantastic. I wasn't familiar with this band, so, first of all thanks for sharing the music. As everyone has noted already, the production is magical and would be even without the smoke and mirrors. Musically, it's just very tight so hard to believe you weren't playing together. I love harp and the singing and the different chord soundings on the guitars really complement each other nicely.
-Stuart

suziko

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 am

Jay- Thanks for checking out our little collaboration again. I'm really glad you felt it held up! You should check out the album it's from: The King is Dead. I think you would like it.

American Stuart- :) I think Scottish Stuart deserves most of the praise for this video. Not only did he do all the technical work for it, but he had to play along with my (admittedly a bit rushed) track, plus play the harp while playing guitar. Plus sing. Plus rub his head and pat his belly. Honestly, I don't know how he did it. I'm just glad that some of his cool got reflected onto me in the process.

Thanks again!

Suzi

jayswett

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:02 pm

suziko wrote:
Jay- Thanks for checking out our little collaboration again. I'm really glad you felt it held up! You should check out the album it's from: The King is Dead. ISuzi
I did that very thing moments ago, and I think it's great. I'm surpised I had never heard of them.
Jay

Hydroman52

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Well, this last Tuesday, a couple of friends and I braved a snowstorm and hail and rain and construction and a couple of wild otter (yes, a pair of otter ran in front of us at a construction zone) to go to Madison, WI and see the Decemberists in concert. They mixed up some old material with new stuff from The King is Dead album throughout the concert. They held off on playing the two songs that I really wanted to hear, Don’t Carry It All and Calamity until late in the show. But I was still waiting to hear this song, June Hymn, that Suzi and Stuart posted. Then the show ended . . . . . . but we brought them back for an encore . . . and then the show ended without the Hymn again . . . . . . and then we brought them back for another encore . . . . . and . . . . . . . . they finally closed the show with “yellow bonnet”. What can I say? It was a perfect ending. As we walked out of the hall, I told my friends how happy I was that they played it and filled them in on the video that was posted here.

Right now, I am waiting for my CD of The King is Dead to show up from Amazon.com. It’s a great album and they put on a good show.

Hydroman52

suziko

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Hey Hydro! I'm glad (and, I admit, a bit envious) to hear that the concert was as great as I expected it would be. I would have liked to have been able to go. Though I will say that when the weather turned out to be as awful as it was (sleet/hail/freezing rain/snow), there was a part of me that was glad to be staying indoors. I'm glad you're picking up a copy of The King is Dead. I know you'll love every minute of it!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic