Collaboration of June Hymn

buddy

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Wow, that was great. Amazing how this virtual video came out.

haoli25

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm speechless. Thanks to you both.

Bill Image

michelew

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm

PURE MAGIC!!

Suzi and Stuart,

I've REALLY been looking forWard to this as I knew Suzi was planning to record this song. Well what a great series of surprises. WOW! I LOVE it. You really did justice to this song and captured the feeling perfectly. And who knew that a crazy Scotsman could be beamed into Suzi's lounge room.

I'm smiling big time right now and a little lost for words.

I still feel like you're putting our legs about not being in the same room. It looked so real in so many ways. Tricky sods. Amazing.

I loved the playing. You complemented each other perfectly. Suzi your singing was just awesome, I just LOVED it. What's your secret? Just brilliant. And the harmonica was great too.

Well you've both taken a great fun song and turned it up a notch in enjoyment for me.

You really made my morning.

Love you guys.

Shel

suziko

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Daryl- Thanks. I guess Stuart and me was like peas and carrots :)

Ness- You are always so supportive and your enthusiasm is truly contagious. It makes me so happy to hear that you enjoyed this song. Thanks for your comments about my playing. I’ve been working a lot more on flatpicking this year, and this song was great for practicing that.

Stuart- You took the words right out of my mouth. This project was so much fun to work on with you, and I very much appreciate all of your patience with my “enthusiasm” (cough cough impatience cough). This video wouldn’t have been the same without you providing some sweet harmonica bits and, of course, editing it like a true pro. You don’t do things by halves, do you? :)

Buddy- Thanks so much for watching. Really glad you enjoyed it!

Bill- Thank you! You don’t often seem at a loss for words, so I take that as a compliment.

Shel- This was one of the hardest secrets for me to keep. I was bursting to talk about it because I was so excited. I hope that it was worth the wait. I’ll tell you my secret for singing better: actually figuring out what the melody is before I just try to sing it. It’s amazing how much better it sounds when I try to sing the right notes. :) Thanks so much for all your support. You always put a big smile on my face with your comments.

sbutler

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Well guys, that has taken the TG presentations to a new level. I'm impressed with both of you.

Do it again!

Scott

NKenny

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:45 pm

I don't know what was more amazing the playing and singing or the trick video photography. I have to go with the playing and singing, that was great. I thought you two were going to have a nice beverage together at the end. Suzi are you sure you weren't there.

Kenny

pbraun

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:57 pm

WOW is all that I can say, musically and technology-ly!
Pete

suziko

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Scott- That is a really kind thing to say. I know we wre both pleasantly surprised with just how nice this turned out. I'm glad other people seem to be enjoying it as well.

Kenny- After all that hard work, sharing a beer sure would have been nice. If Stuart and I are ever lucky enough to meet up for real, I promise to buy him a drink.

Pete- Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

reiver

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:14 pm

Apologies if the double thank-yous are a drag but neither of us likes to take your time and kindness for granted.

Buddy – Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment. Really appreciate it.

Bill – You are very kind, thank you.

Shel – I’m relieved! I thought this song may be a little too jolly for you. I’m really glad that a little of the fun we had in making this has rubbed off on our friends here. You are always a great support Michele and the thought of you smiling through this video makes me very happy indeed. A big thank you.

Suzi - Oh, you............

Scott – Thanks for watching and the kind words. We’re both really happy with how the technical side of putting this video together worked out.

Kenny – Really glad you enjoyed it. I’ll let you into a little secret. Suzi WAS there...........but I wasn’t. If I'd known there was a drink in it though I might have bought a ticket!

Pete - Thanks for watching and taking the time to comment - glad you liked it.

tovo

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:30 pm

reiver wrote:

Kenny – Really glad you enjoyed it. I’ll let you into a little secret. Suzi WAS there...........but I wasn’t. If I'd known there was a drink in it though I might have bought a ticket!
You were there Stuart! Everyone is somewhere...and you were there. It's just that your "there" was different to Suzi's there. There....I hope that's cleared it up!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic