Collaboration of June Hymn

suziko

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Rick- Thanks for all your kind words about our video. I think Stuart and I were both pleased with how it turned out. Calamity Song is a great song, and I'm particularly fond of it because it references one of my favorite books, David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest (that's where the line about 'the year of the chewable Ambien tab' comes from). I've listened to the album pretty much non-stop since buying it a month or so ago. I think it's just amazing.

Tommy- Thanks so much for your compliment on my singing. I truly appreciate it. Up until now my only Scottish friend was Stuart, so I'm pleased to hear I have another :)

Suzi

reiver

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Hydroman - Glad you enjoyed the video. And thanks for the links to some Decemberists performances - can't wait to check them out. Calamity Song is a fun song with a great opening riff - I'm sure you'll have a great time learning it.

Tommy - Thanks a lot for the kind words. And I agree completely on Suzi's singing!

pbraun

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Wów thanks Hydroman, thanks a lot!

Hydroman52 wrote:

AcousticAl

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Ok.. like.. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been away yesterday and today on.. you'll never guess..
A GREENSCREEN SHOOT!!

I've had greenscreen projects where the lighting wasn't right, so the key didn't work properly-- jagged edges etc. That meant HOURS of tweaking and fixing during the editing.
If I didn't know the geography that separated you two, I'd swear it was a live collaboration!

What an inspired idea for TG. You guys not only nailed the song, but the technology.
Hard to believe how far we've come.

Congrats Suzi and Stuart.
Stellar job all round.

Chasplaya

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Late coming to this party, but blown away on all counts playing, singing, harp and technical wizardry. Great job Suzi both playing and singing and Stuart adding the harp and playing up the neck just complimented the whole deal. Just read your 'How to' post and it sounds easy, yeah right!! We could end up with a complete TG orchestra.

Just loved it thanks for posting guys well done.

reiver

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Al - Thank you! I take that very kindly from someone of your professional background. Really happy that you enjoyed it.

Chas - I know that this has been a hard week for you all down there so I thank you for taking the time to watch and comment. I really appreciate it.

suziko

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Al- I was waiting to hear what you'd think of this! Given your penchant for technology, I thought you'd get a kick out of the green screen effect. We were both pleased with how good it turned out. Plus, it was REALLY fun to do!

Chas- I agree with Stu. Given the tragic events going on in NZ, it means so much that you could take the time to not only watch, but comment on our video. Thank you so much for that, and for your kind words. My thoughts are with you!

Suzi

jayswett

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Yeah, that was unbelievable. Incredible all around, and in so many ways. Congrats to the two of you. No idea how you did that.

suziko

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Jay- Really glad you liked it! Stu explained it in another thread, if you're interested in the tech-side of the video. Thanks for watching!

reiver

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Jay - Oops,almost dropped the ball here! Thanks for watching - glad you liked it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic