Collaboration of June Hymn

reiver

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:36 pm

tovo wrote:
reiver wrote:

Kenny – Really glad you enjoyed it. I’ll let you into a little secret. Suzi WAS there...........but I wasn’t. If I'd known there was a drink in it though I might have bought a ticket!
You were there Stuart! Everyone is somewhere...and you were there. It's just that your "there" was different to Suzi's there. There....I hope that's cleared it up!
Now you're just confusing everyone Tony! I wasn't there - I was here. Don't listen to him, folks :blink:

dennisg

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:40 pm

This was such an enjoyable video to watch -- mostly because I know that singing doesn't come naturally for Suzi, and yet she nailed the vocals. Okay, I'll stop talking about her in the third person.

Suzi, I felt such joy watching you, knowing how hard you've been working on singing, and seeing it pay off so clearly. You sounded relaxed, confident, and totally at ease with the vocals, and the guitar playing was just perfect. You're starting to make it look easy!

Stuart, technical wizardry aside, I thought your performance was a beautiful complement to what Suzi was doing. I know you could have done more, but I felt you were just being generous in letting your partner have the spotlight.

Really, both of you, I enjoyed every second of this.

reiver

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Dennis - Thank you! I agree with you entirely on Suzi's performance - and it made my job all the harder - really I was gilding the lily. I'd have happily suggested Suzi put this out as a solo video if there hadn't been big gaps both in the video and the music. But as you say, I'm very happy for the spotlight to be on Suzi for this performance - she really deserves it.

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks

skaladar

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm in awe. I mean everything was there ... great guitar(s), singing, harmonica and a super, no incredible production. Suzi and Stuart you both deserve to be very proud of your work. I am continuously amazed at the amount of pure talent around here. I really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.

Ken

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Well, I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face after watching that. Great show you two! And what a great idea on the video Stuart... brilliant! You made your own green (or blue) room didn't you! Man, looking forward to the unfolding of that secret. Great job guys, really enjoyed all that tremendous work big time! Great job on the singing, doing a new song, the playing and the harmonica. Pizza all round.

Craig

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Suzi and Stuart,
Wow! I'm still not 100% sure you two weren't together! :laugh:
What a great performance by both of you. Suzi, you look so comfortable and confident in your playing and singing. Way to go! Stuart, your playing was solid and anyone that can play two instruments at the same time impresses me!
Simply great!
Craig

RicksPick

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Bravo

Loved it on so many levels
Congrats to you both

RicksPick

lueders

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:52 pm

YOU GUYS RULE! THE DECEMBERISTS RULE! Sweet-Sassy-Malassie!!! I don't even know what I was seeing...U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E-!-!-! Stu, my man you should go get a job at Skywalker Ranch or something! (Al, too but that is a discussion for another day...and another post; I suppose.) How did you do that? Can't type the words...utterly blown away by the performance and the whole package. You played together so amazingly well! (Almost as if you had been doing it for years.)

If I could sing I would want to sing like you two did; I believe. Nice harmonies, economical, straight-forward, and served the song perfectly. You guys made some right-on-the money, compositional/artistic choices with the accompaniment as well! Superb-er-ino!

I want a CD! I'll pay!

TANGENTIAL THOUGHT OF THE DAY: #1: Have you noticed that a lot of musicians out there right now are doing the whole Dylan style thing: The Decemberists, Blitzen Trapper, Ray L., the list goes on. Of course they put their own unique spin on it...and do it better than Dylan. Now we can add you guys to that list; most definitely!!!

TANGENTAL THOUGHT OF THE DAY: #2: Are you familiar with "Black Prairie" It consists of members of several members of the Decemberists. If not I think you guys would dig it!! It is like the Decemberists only darker, dronier, and more olde timey. Really old timey...like civil war- era olde timey.

ThanX YOu two!!!

reiver

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:51 pm

The generosity of spirit on this site never ceases to surprise me. A huge thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to watch and, of course, to those of you who have commented so kindly, a very special thank you. I think Suzi is busy at the moment (off signing her new recording contract?) but I'm sure she'll get back to all of you who have taken the time to write. But in the meantime......

thereshopeyet - Thank you! I shall reveal the magic very soon :)

Ken - You are very kind. It was hard work at times and fairly stressful but comments like yours are really invigorating and make it all worth while. Thank you.

Chris - I am truly pleased that we managed to make you smile through this. It was great fun to do and it's really satisfying that it has had the effect that it has on people. Thanks for taking the time - as you always do.

Craig - Thanks very much - really glad you enjoyed it.

Rick - Thank you for taking the time to watch and comment.

leuders - Well, I'm not sure where to start! With a big thank you, I guess. I'll definitely remember Sweet-Sassy-Malassie for a long time!! I was already having a good day but your comments put a big smile on my face.
TANGENTIAL RESPONSE #1 - I guess those of us who enjoy acoustic guitar have a lot to thank Bob Dylan for, whether we like his music or not.
TANGENTIAL RESPONSE #2 - I am not familiar with Black Prairie - but intend to check them out, Thank you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic