Busking Snipe Busking

haoli25

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:56 pm

By all means, TRASH IT, Mike.....so I can steal it from you. :) :) I agree with Tull and the Knopfler feel for the song, but honestly, I was expecting Gordon Lightfoot to start singing at any moment.
Don't you dare trash this, I really like it. Thanks for posting your video, Mike.

Bill

reiver

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Mike, I really enjoyed this - and loved the sound of your guitar. I'd definitely keep it and I guess that's what you've done by making this recording.

Little tunes like this often pop into my head, usually late at night and are gone by the morning. I'm glad this one stayed around long enough for you to share it with us.

Stuart

buddy

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:11 am

Mike, This made me want to put my kilt on and get out my broadsword. Really superb tune.

Bud

willem

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:31 am

Keep it and find some lyrics to it..i think its a winner too for a festival competition.. i see a great Irish singer with some backingvocals with it,,

ffsooo3

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:50 am

It's a keeper! Add a bass to fill out the sound and then find a melody and words and post it again (please).

suziko

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:16 am

Mike, I'll admit it. Your video makes me a little angry. How come ditties like that don't pop into my head? Can we switch heads for the day? :)

Absolutely beautiful. I loved the Celtic feel of it and absolutely adore your strumming style. I loved how you picked out those individual notes and loved the energy you put into this. I think I could listen to that song all day.

Suzi

snipe

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 am

Wow, thanks for all the feedback! I guess it had a celtic feel to it. Didnt plan it but thats how it came out I guess.

Mark, Thanks glad you liked it. I know what u mean with the ddD tunning. Its fun to mess around with it and come up with stuff.

Ness, Wow. thanks very much. I would be honored to have you add to it or get together on it somehow! Maybe a mandolin? or base or both?

Craig, Thanks for watching. I just bet that you got dittys in you. Do me a favor, and hold on to em. Work on em and if it feels good
share it! I know you got music in you Bro.

Thereshopeyet, Thanks man, glad you liked it.

Cori, wow.. thanks heaps. I dont have any words. just the guitar part. Wasnt trying for a celtic sound, just came out that way
Never thought about trying to write something so now you got me thinking! Thats why it pays to post cause you never know what you are going to learn from someone else.
I think the mandolin is a great Idea.
Oh, and the higher authority was TG Matt.. LoL..

Chris, Thanks for the feedback, really glad you liked it, and thanks for posting the Dire Straits song!! It was fitting it seems.

Tony, Thanks very much. Glad you liked it. I will have to look into knopfler cause im not familiar with him.

Tom, thanks for the good word and for taking time to watch.

Dave, Glad you like the 12. Its kind of addicting once you pick one up. Check one out if you havent already.

Bill.. Ha,, you crack me up Bro. Gratefull for the applause and thanks for the good feedback!!

Staurt, Thanks for that. I figured i should write something down instead of forgetting em all. anyway I bet you got some good ones.
Looking forward to seeing some of them.

Bud, Appreciate the comments. Do you have a tartan?

Willem Wow.. thank you sir. I guess its unanamous on the celtic sound. Festival?? Hmmm.

ffsooo3 Thank you, for the positve input, and for the good ideas!

Suzi,, Lol.. Id love to swap heads.. :lol: Im afraid after a couple of minutes youd probably want the old one back! I wont elaborate! Thanks so much for your feedback.
Im really glad you liked it!

BobR

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Mike,

Definitely a keeper. Real nice sound coming from the 12 string.

Bob

AndyT

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Yep. For sure it has a Celtic / Irish feel to it. I expected someone to start singing the story of how old man MacMick got so drunk he set his wooden leg on fire. LOL! Good stuff man. Keep it up.

BigBear

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Mike- I really liked it! It's the basis for a real strong song. Maybe work on a chorus or bridge that changes the tempo and then gets back into your main riff. Keep going on it! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic