Busking Snipe Busking

snipe

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:22 pm

This is just a little ditty that popped in my head one day. I kind of liked it so thought I would throw it out there and see what other people think. So on higher authority I was instructed to make it a busk. These little things are always poping in my head and I never do anything with them, Im sure other folks know what im talking about there. So would be interested to hear other opinions. Trash it? Keep it? What do other people do with stuff you make up? Maybe some more folks will post something they came up with
Thanks Mike

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

MarkM

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:53 pm

Wonderful sound coming out of your guitar Mike. I know what you mean about stuff popping into your head. I usually find somethere here or there when I'm in ddD tuning or something else. It's nice when you find them. To my ears you had a little Tull thing going here. I'd be curious to hear what this sounds like at the 3rd or 5th fret. Again, great sound and well played. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

MarkM

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Wów Mike, I loved it!

No really, I'm sincere, you also got a great sound out of that 12-string, actually I would love to join you with whatever instrument you could add to it.

Also your strumming, your picking out the bassnotes and whatever notes, and your timing is just fantastic, I loved the little runs/slides and the high melody-notes coming back all the time!

Really, enjoyed it very much, gonna listen to it again tomorrow (it's almost 01.00 am over here)!

Cheers

Ness

Craig

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Mike,
For what it's worth, I say keep it! I liked it. I thought it sounded good, you had a lot of things going on there with hammer ons and slides...
Unfortunately, I'm way behind you in ability level so I don't make up too much stuff...maybe I should try to more???
Good work,
Craig

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks

lueders

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Mike, a sincere thank you for posting this. I really dug it. Got a real Celtic-vibe there...that can't be a bad thing. Almost like a cross between Ian Anderson and an Irish Pub song from long, long, ago...then again maybe kinda dream theatre-ish, too. I dunno. (I mean all this stuff as a a compliment b.t.w.) I thought this was really something special. Do you have words or is it just an instrumental? Wouldn't that sound nice with a little medieval sounding mandolin in there and like a tin whistle with someone who could just play the dickens out of it.
Great job, MikE!!! If you've got any anymore stuff like that I wanna hear it, Man!

P.S.Also, who was the higher authority? Does that mean I am in trouble for my posting originals in the other channel?
Hope not?

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:16 pm

I loved the freshness and clearness of that sound Mike... great job! Really well played and on 12 strings too, really great!
Dire straits and "The man's too strong" jumps into mind as I listen to you.
Great stuff and thank you for sharing that with us all.

tovo

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Trash it??? Are you KIDDING Mike?! It's great, I loved it. Agree with Chris, it had a Knopfler vibe for mine. That can't be a bad thing!

Thanks for the look. Just great.

tombo1230

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Snipe man that was really cool! Really enjoyed the Celtic feel to it. Great stuff!

Tom N.

millponddave

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:44 pm

That was really cool. I love the twelve string. Keep it!

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic