Collaboration of Wicked Game

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:10 pm

Collaboration of Neverfoundthetime & ffsooo3 Wicked Game: Cover of Wicked Game by Chris Isaak By Chris & Daryl

After I heard Daryl playing his Les Paul on one of his recent videos I instantly thought of asking him to collaborate on Wicked Game.
We all know Daryl can really handle a guitar and he's good on the tech side... well, he's also the fastest riff in the west! He sent me a perfect mix of that signature riff within hours of me asking him. I had the vocals and rhythm guitar and bass line ready in a couple of days but it's taken me 4 weeks to get around to doing the video and mixing. At 3:48 you'll see me turn to the right and smile in the middle of singing... it was Marc Lavalee knocking at the door and walking in. He very kindly invited me out after to have dinner. After finding all the local gourmet temples were closed for winter holidays (ski holidays here) we drove to the Rhine about 5 minutes away and crossed a long ancient wooden covered bridge older than Taxas to dine in Stein on the German side. Nice way to spend a winter's evening.

I smiled when I saw Stuart and Suzi's great video tonight as I found the green-room effect Stuart created brilliant... hope it doesn't make my modest effort at creativity look too bland here. I basically didn't have the time or patience to record and edit and mix all the pips I needed to put in so it's really a cop-out but it was interesting to try out. The chords are just Bm, A, E repeating again and again so pretty simple.

My thanks go to Daryl for doing such a great job and for joining me so spontaneously on this.

sbutler

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Come on now you guys. Your getting just a little to creative! Kidding of course. Wow Chris. Thats good stuff.

Scott

millponddave

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:38 pm

Hey guys, Let me be the first to say that was awesome! Really really good .It is stuff like this that keeps me inspired to keep working at this even when I start getting discouraged. Keep it up.

Dave

haoli25

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Chris, I have been waiting for this one to see the light of day. Pardon me while I get up off the floor again. :) What a great video! You and Daryl should be soooooo proud of this, it was just perfect. Bravo!!!

Bill Image

buddy

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 pm

FANTASTICO !!!! The guitars in this are wonderful and Chris your voice stole the show. Holding that long note at the end was amazing. This is just superb.

Bud

lueders

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Spectacular Fellas!!!!! I will say though, I had trouble concentrating on the performance...(Hubba, HUbba! Thanks!) Leads were perfect! Singing was perfect! Accompaniment was perfect! What more can a person ask for?

I hope you guys are going to work together more in the future...I can't imagine this being any better.

Cori

reiver

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:04 pm

What amazing performances. I loved it. And even if I hadn't Helena Christensen would have kept me watching........

I really enjoyed the video effects you used Chris. Congratulations to both of you.

Stuart

cosmicmechanic

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:08 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
... I basically didn't have the time or patience ... so it's really a cop-out ...
"Cop-out" ? More like "freak-out" ! It's now REALLY psychedelic week on TG, with this otherworldy whitewashed video only a few hours after Neil puts up lessons on "White Rabbit", "Season of the Witch" and "In a Gadda da Vida" ... SPOOKY, who spiked my tea ?

Chris, you were quite inspired here, experiments like these are memorable. Do you have any other Chris Isaak tunes up your sleeve? Your voice would fit well for pretty much anything Chris Isaak has put out. And fsooo3 has a real smooth touch, of course.

Pierre

tovo

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 pm

How good can one day on TG get? First Stuart and Suzi and now this one. Brilliant. Never realised that your voice would suit Chris Issak so well Chris but now I've heard it I wonder why, it's so obvious! Really nice. Daryl your playing is great as always. I really liked the effects, hope there are no lawyers lurking though Chris! Not to worry. Great video.

snipe

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Guys,

That was awesome. I know that video. Wow chris your vocals just kicked it!! And with Daryl in the background just made it really proffessional. Congratulations on a stellar video
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic