Collaboration of Wicked Game

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 am

Thank you Suzi! Yeah, the original is pretty much the sexiest thing out there (thanks to Stuart's girlfriend ;-) .. I'm just jealous!). Funny how all the Christine Aguilera and Hip-hop videos that completely go over the top with tits and ass in your face just don't get near the erotic quality of Chris Isaak's vid.

Your comments are right on the money with Daryl's guitar sound and very kind about my vocals. I mentioned, I wasn't so happy as I know I can do a better job but it is a step on the way and I've learned a little more.

MarkM

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 am

Chris & Daryl,

I'm dumbstruck, flabergasted, beside myself over this post of yours. Wow what great work you two put in on this. Lets go over the check list here:

Vocals - Yup!! Chris as always you voice blows me away and you continue to raise the bar even for yourself. This one was special.
Lead guitar - Daryl as much as Chris's voice was needed for this song your work on this put it over the top. Great sound!! Pretty much flawless from what I could tell.
Rythem guitar - Chris it looked like you had a couple of tracks going here and as usual your 12 shined through. You don't give yourself enough credit for your playing
video - Great editing and effects on this one. I really enjoyed the Picture in Picture and the "pencil" effect. I had been playing with that recently as well.

Guys all around fantastic job with this!! I have to tell you that this song gave me such a flashback to 20 years ago (almost to the day). I was in college at the time and in the middle of a month long, drawn out, crumbling demise of a relationship with a girl that was just killing me. I remember like it was yesterday sitting on my couch in my apartment watching this video (this song was new and very popular at the time) and to Tony's post yesterday, this song was speaking to me. This put chills down my spine it was so good. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:12 am

Thank you Mark, you're very kind and supportive as always. You are dead right, I would never have done this without Daryl's iconic sound... it's just 3 chords other wise. Yes I had a rhythm strum going and added a simple slow drag across the strings at the chord changes and then added a simple bass line.
Yeah, as I was uploading the vid last night I caught Tony's question and wondered who'd have a story to tell about hearing the original. It's so full of longing, yearning, craving, love/lust. Sehnsucht is the right word in German.
Is it so long ago already? Wow!

dennisg

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:27 am

Yet another song I had been working on for possible upload. Goodbye Wicked Game ... I hardly knew ye.

But great job Chris and Daryl. As always, Chris, you have a voice I can only envy.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks for tuning in Dennis. Man, hate to steel that song away from you like that!

ceaser67

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi Chris,
what can i say and where daryl that was o i start,youre voice for that song was superb,as you well know i really like youre singin g at the best of times but that was brill,
really enjoyed listening to that,
Hope you and youre family are safe and well

Youre scottish friend (been awol for a while due to work)
Tommy

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:00 pm

Thanks Tommy... all well over here ... noticed you were absent without leave :-)

ceaser67

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi Chris,
yes have been awol for a while,back at it though so annoying to come back and see all the great threads i have missed,all work related though,had a great jamming session with vanessa,(well with vanessas video post if ime honest lol,my guitar playing sounds so much better when she sings and i play hahaha) diamond ring by bon jovi,it was late when i tuned in but when i seen vanessas play and sing that song i just had to learn it,so the next day me and vanesssa jammed for about 7 hours,haha,(she wont remember any of it though hahaha)
Nice to hear from you again
speak soon Chris
Youre scottish friend
Tommy

Craig

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Chris and Daryl,
Just great guys! I saw this was posted when I was at work this morning but couldn't watch it until I got home this afternoon... so I've been anxiously awaiting all day. Man, you two sure didn't disappoint! Guitar playing wonderful on both ends. Chris, your voice fits this song so nicely.
Congratulations to both of you.
Craig

wammer

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Chris and Daryl

Man its all been said ......but I triple everything.................that was awsome...........Chris what a great choice for your voice WOW .............um Wow ....

Tammy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic