Collaboration of Wicked Game

BobR

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Chris / Daryl

I just got home and watched the latest psychedelic lesson In a gadda da vida, Like Pierre said now it's really psychedelic week. That was really something. Chris the singing was great and the effect was too cool. Daryl as usual great playing.

Thanks for the look guys,

Bob

Lavallee

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:43 pm

It is interesting that I could actually see Chris` live recording at his home in Switzerland yesterday , travel 10 hours and see it on the website the next day in Montreal. Chris`s voice is even more powerful live than on a recording. Quite impress by Daryl picking as not a standard note by note. He did a fantastic job. Nice video effect too.

great work guys

Marc

BigBear

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:35 am

Great job guys! I loved it!! Bravo!

More, more, more, the fans shout out!! :cheer:

willem

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:47 am

Lavallee wrote:
It is interesting that I could actually see Chris` live recording at his home in Switzerland yesterday , travel 10 hours and see it on the website the next day in Montreal. Chris`s voice is even more powerful live than on a recording. Quite impress by Daryl picking as not a standard note by note. He did a fantastic job. Nice video effect too.

great work guys

Marc
hI Marc,,,Montreal??? can we expect an other colla very soon????

Chris,, i love the show,,,since TG life is full of suprises we don't have to unpack them just listen and enjoy,,,Daryl,,love the LP and your riff...

jim56

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:22 am

Groovy, man! The video effects were gnarly. I got jazzed listening to your vocals and
playing. You guys scored.

Thanks guys

RicksPick

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:25 am

Way to go guys
These collab's are great to see
It sounded perfect
love the effects

RicksPick

tacticaltal

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:28 am

Wow Chris, that was fantastic! :cheer:

I've said it before, but you just got a gréat voice, it's just really beautiful especially on the higher notes where the lyrics starts 'I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you' and so on, you voice suits the song very well!

And Daryl, well those guitarparts réally belong in this song and you did it just effortlessly, great job as usual!

I have to admit Chris, I liked the 'newspaper'-effect in the video, but I was glad that at the end I could see you at least for a moment in this quite serene and relaxed setting, room tieded :lol: , candlelight and a better look at you! :P But that's just a personal observation..

However, enjoyed the video very much, I was waiting for something coming from you again, haha, well you delivered just great! ;)

Ness

ffsooo3

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:29 am

Good job Chris. Not having seen the video before I was impressed with the effects you used and the overall sound quality. The original song has a haunting sound to it that you captured quite nicely. I especially liked the extra video stuff you added in the PIP - that added a special something to the lyrics. Nice job. (And thank you all for the kinds words for my small contribution to this video).

suziko

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 am

"Modest effort?" "Cop-out?" Chris, you must be crazy! This was just amazing! I won't be adding anything new to what others have already said, but I still have to say it:

Daryl's lead guitar in this is perfect. Every bit of it sounded great and I've always loved the exotic, mysterious sound of the lead in this song.
Chris, your singing is just outstanding in this song. I don't know if I've ever heard you sing better. Like Ness mentioned, you sound particularly fabulous on those high notes. I also LOVE the format of this video!!! Loved the Take On Me-esque quality of it (rememeber A-ha?) and adored the "video within a video" aspect. That Chris Isaak video must be in the top 5 Most Sexy Video Ever. In fact, it's probably #1. I like that you put it in, because it really is iconic.

What a treat this video was, in every way!

Suzi

P.S. Poor Marc! You really made him wait for quite a while at the door!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:30 am

Many thanks for the kind comments folks and thanks for tuning in!

Scott, thanks and I hope it helped brighten those long winter months up there in Alaska!

Thanks Dave... if there is some encouragement for you to be found in one of my videos, then it makes it all worth while! That is a great compliment and I have experienced the same many times here.

Thanks Bill, my friend, and thank you again for your great encouragement on this and for those acts of encouragement and kindness above and beyond the call of duty ;-)... you know what I mean!

Many thanks for listening Buddy, that long note was a challenge. first time I heard it I was sure the sound engineer must have given Chris Isaak a helping hand... now I've tried it myself I reckon he did pull it off. I fell a beat short of holding it all the way on the recording you heard. On a first attempt, somehow it worked. But I haven't been able to nail it quite as well since. I used a Cross fade effect on it to phase it out so you couldn't hear me fighting with it so much! For me Daryl's guitar playing makes this song.

Thanks Stuart, it was a hard job following you and Suzi but you know these things are not planned but just how the dice fall. That's also what happened on the video effects. Yours was brilliantly conceived and planned, mine just "happened" as a way out of a tight corner. And can you pm me Helena Christensen's telephone number please... :-)

Thanks Pierre... I've really been enjoying your unique perspective on things here for a long time. It was a complete freak of nature if my video fitted in so well with your Psychedelic week and as I just mentioned it was a spur-or-the moment, get-out-of- jail move to just get the damn thing done after pussy-footing around with it getting nowhere for a while. Funny how these things seem to just work themselves out in a good way.... unless of course the Lawyers Tony mentioned come knocking! Hmmm. Inspired? I have been inspired now by Stuarts green-room job on the collab with Suzi... that was one of those TG moments where you know things have changed forever and for the better! Nothing up my sleeve at the mo ... but I do love Blue Hotel.

Thanks Tony. I really like singing along to Chris Isaak's songs... that album was just magic, such a cool vibe and great guitar sounds. Sure do hope the lawyers are looking the other way! Didn't occur to me at the time as EVERYTHING is available on Youtube. So how does that work? You can't post anyone's record or video but there are hundreds and thousands of them there! When we do someone's song and make no financial gain from it but re-kindle interest, we are adding value to their original work and encouraging others to buy their stuff so I think there is a legitimate pay-off for the artist and the recording company. And I know, at some of these companies, the lawyers give a shit about all that crap and just become rampaging Gaddafis! I'm ducking for cover.

Mike, many thanks, it was fun to incorporate that original video as it was iconic at the time.

Thanks Bob, I'm enjoying the psychedelic week too!

Hey Marc, back home safe after a good flight? Your cameo off-stage "appearance"e was fun!

Rick, my big furry friend! Thanks for looking by, so glad you enjoyed that!

Thanks Willem ... needed to answer Vanessa and your great collabs with one of my own. Daryl made the sound on this :-)

Jim, many thanks it was fun!

Rick (Britt Rick), thanks for tuning in, glad you are receiving us loud and clear in Lincolnshire.

Thank you Vanessa... been enjoying your posts so much the last few weeks and there were some great ones! It's nice to hear the whole thing "worked" although, secretly, I was not completely happy with my work as I know I can improve on it but don't want to flog to death so I will take my lessons learned to the next job and see if that makes me a bit happier. And yes, you recognised it was the News Paper filter I used in AVS to get the effect. Simple and it fitted well with the pip of the original B&W video so that was a happy co-incidence :-).

Daryl... what can I say, you are the man to call when you need some great playing and such a helpful collaborator. My pleasure to have teamed up with you so often at TG! Great inspiration.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic