Busking Cyndi Lauper

Craig

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:44 pm

John,
Your voice is great, your playing very steady. I haven't really thought of Cyndi Lauper on TG but have always like some of her work. I'm glad you posted this. I enjoyed it very much.
Craig

BobR

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:39 pm

John,

Another fine performance. Your playing and singing are always great fun to listen to.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi John, top notch job on this, very enjoyable. You've reopened the can of worms of "lyrical sexism" ... makes me re-realize some tunes by female singers are worth taking another look at as being worthwhile challenges. It's really nice to see you posting again.

Pierre

snipe

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Wow. Excellent playing and singing. really like the percusive thing going on. I think I still have that album somewhere.
Thanks for posting that
Mike

wammer

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:31 pm

John

You always make it look so easy...great job

Tammy

michelew

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:26 am

John,

That was really gorgeous.

I love this song. You really did justice to it. And I think I need to learn it now.

Do you have the tab or did you just piece the various bit together yourself?

I'll PM you.

Beautiful!
I love your work.

Michele

AcousticAl

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:07 am

Really nice, John. Played effortlessly, with some pretty intricate picking, even while you're singing!

I too would like tab for that.

Thanks for sharing.

daryl

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:11 am

Hahaha, Cori, yep I read it and I actually thought I was off the hook here!?? :lol:

lueders wrote:
JHall wrote:

Ness, yeah, I play a bunch of songs by female artists (Indigo Girls, Tracy Chapman, etc.). For me, a good song knows no gender... well, unless it's pointed out explicitly in the lyrics! :-) For example, in "Fast Car" Tracy Chapman sings "...and I work in the market as a checkout girl". So I just sing "... and I work in the market as a checkout clerk"... hope she doesn't mind!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY, VANESSA! I HOPE YOU SAW THIS....DO I SENSE THE MAKINGS OF A "TRACY CHAPMAN COLLABORATION" in the future? I hope so!!! Persistent as rust on a bumper...aren't I?

Cori

boldent

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:31 am

That was really good. I wouldn’t have thought a male could of pulled that song off, you proved me wrong. I didn’t recognize the second song you started into but it sounded good too.

Thanks for sharing.

Chasplaya

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Very nicely sung and played John really enjoy your posts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic