June Hymn Collaboration - The technology stuff!

Hydroman52

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:08 pm

sbutler wrote:
. . . . .but he is a very deep thinker of thoughtful thoughts.

I trust he could come up with a name befitting the TG band by proxy.
This sounds suspiciously close the description of Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz.

Stuart,

Thanks for the info on the "Here I am, there you're not" technique. I can see where this might have been a lot of trial and error. Question for you . . . . how much horsepower do you need in your computer to process something like this? This is quite impressive, and not to be taken lightly. I would imagine that you don't want any green in the image that you want to remain or Suzi's living space might have shown through?

Thanks,
Hydroman52

reiver

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:

Stuart,

Thanks for the info on the "Here I am, there you're not" technique. I can see where this might have been a lot of trial and error. Question for you . . . . how much horsepower do you need in your computer to process something like this? This is quite impressive, and not to be taken lightly. I would imagine that you don't want any green in the image that you want to remain or Suzi's living space might have shown through?

Thanks,
Hydroman52

Hi Hydroman52

My laptop has a 2GHz processor and about 2Gb of RAM. I'm sure you could operate with less - but it might be quite slow. I wish I had more.

You are absolutely right about ensuring there is no green in the overlay video. You even have to ensure that the green screen does not reflect onto you - so you're best to be about a meter in front of the screen rather than right beside it. This means the green screen has to be much bigger than you'd think!

Stuart

Lavallee

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Thank you Stuart for sharing your cinema technology, I was so surprised when I saw the video. How did you get involve in doing this ? Is this part of your job , hobby or it was your first time?

Marc

reiver

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:03 pm

Marc

It was neither my job or my hobby! This is the first time I've tried it. I had the idea that it may work and looked out some tutorial videos on You Tube. Then I just dived in. I told Suzi that I could make it work then just had to hope that I could. I'd have been REALLY disappointed if I'd had to tell Suzi that we couldn't use her video after she'd made such a great job of her part. Thankfully it didn't come to that.

Stuart

Lavallee

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 pm

It is great that you have that level of curiosity

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic