Busking JOHN MAYER

buddy

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Cover of In Your Atmosphere

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

cosmicmechanic

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Buddy, I had only heard a smidgen of the original version, hardly remembered it. I listened to your version here, then found a Youtube performance by Mayer. Getting the timing on this tune is obviously a real challenge, and it does zig and zag anyway in the original. You've already made it your own, there are just some spaces in the playing that will eventually become a non-issue as hesitation disappears. John Mayer does have a pretty voice, but a bit too candy-coated for my taste, I actually prefer the tone you bring to this tune. It's going to be a real doozy when you get the whole thing pouring out like water.

Pierre

willem

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:51 am

So you got it,,Buddy i think you must do a competition(festival or such) and see were you end,,,i am glad you are a John Mayer fan,,you did ''daughters'' i remember,,maybe ''perfect lonely'' is one too for you...i am not sure if the title is exact right...

buddy

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 am

Pierre, Thanks my friend for you kind words and encouragement I have really come to love this song. Of course I cursed it a few times while struggling with it :-)

Willem, I really think that John Mayer is a brilliant song writer and performer. I am going to try and play this at an open mic once I have it down better. Good to hear from you, Bud

buddy

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:45 am

Pierre, Thanks my friend. I have come to really love this song. Although I must admit I did curse it a few times while learning it :-)

Willem, I think that John Mayer is a brilliant song writer and performer. His lyrics and music really impress me. I hope to perform this at the next open mic session. Thanks for the comments, Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic