Busking Justin Hayward

wrench

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Justin Hayward is a very lucky man to have you covering his music.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Tommy (hope you won at poker), Suzi, Michele and Dan, thanks for coming to the party guys ;-). And thanks for the so very kind comments.

Michele and Suzi, I love it when the Bandshees drop by and comment ;-), TG cheerleaders!

Dan, where have you been? Thought we'd have to send out the sniffer dogs. Good to hear from you again, and , too kind!

AS a PS here.... someone who does some great MB covers on YT has provided me with a great video and tab to learn how to play this in it's original version so I'll be occupied for days with getting this song really nailed down. Bwuhahaha!

jcrocket

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:15 am

Chris,

That was a fantastic performance. It's a good thing you're a Moody Blues fan, because your voice is just perfect for singing Justin Hayward songs.

Jeff

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:07 am

Thanks for listening in Jeff adn for your kind comments... I'm loving these MB songs!

syndes

Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:20 am

Great job covering the tune. A song from your heart to all of us. http://www.totallyguitars.com/component ... s/grin.png

I don't know if Justin and John still do this, but they would come out on stage alone with just one or two acoustic guitars and and play New Horizons as a gift to all of us in the audience who had been with them on their journey from the beginning.
The Moodies said that their music had had more impact on bringing down the Berlin Wall than politics. As musicians we can all be proud of making the world a better place.http://www.totallyguitars.com/component ... ughing.png

I met Justin in Phoenix at a private concert for "A View From A Hll". He played solo guitar and covered my favorites. This was 1997 at Borders Book Store. My wife and small son were there. We all got to meet him afterwards. It had been reported that Justin was staying as long as it took to meet privately with his fans. Up close he's a gentle soul and wrote a nice note to me and my family. I thanked him in person for his musiic. He autographed my View From The Hill CD which I sgill have.

Keep on rocking on.
Michael Vacovsky
Flagstaff, AZ 86001

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:31 am

Many thanks for your kind comment and for going back to check this video out Michael.
What a great privilege to meet Justin! He is the one musician I'd really love to have a cosy chat with. The View from the Hill is a wonderful album with some beautiful songs of which Broken Dream must be one of his very best. Great story, thanks for sharing.

AcousticAl

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Chris- I'm ANGRY.. at myself for missing this when it was first posted!!

But as the saying goes- the cream rises to the top- and your song has rightly risen to the top of the forum again over a month later!

Beautifully and subtly sung and played.

LOVED IT!!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:40 am

Thanks Al! No worries, I know how easy it is to miss a busking post and you always comment when you see one.

AndyT

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:46 am

Very sweet job Chris. I like the Moodies too, but I've never been able to hit those notes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic