Busking Justin Hayward

Lavallee

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Wauw, Chris, that was beautiful all around, very very well done and I can imagine that it's very special for you, another great job!

And great to séé you again! :P

Ness

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Many thanks for a lightening fast response Pierre! I hope the Moodies never lip-synced! ;-). I wasn't either, I actually sung and played the whole thing again, just keeping time with the initial recording. When I synced them in the mix, I almost couldn't hear any difference at all... except a couple of missed chord changes in the video... typical camera jitters, small now but still there!

Thanks for the unbending support Buddy. This is a special song and its now special for Alessandra. She insisted I put it on her MP3 player too!

Bob, many thanks for tuning in yet again! Very kind of you.

Hi Marc... yes the song has progressed nicely this week, thanks! No onions :-). Audition just makes a better sounding file off the bat than Audacity. Sounds like I'm using a better mic but it was just the laptop mic. I'll be getting to the new Sennheisser later... yummy!

Hey Mark... really enjoyed your picking earlier too! Thanks for tuning in on this one and for mentioning my strumming. Yes, it has improved and I am pleased with how it shaped up on this song. Tuning down two half steps helped the sound jangle and carry a bit more.

Thanks for listening again Daryl ... the new mic will be coming in to play again soon ... and more often.

Thanks Willem, my Dutch friend! I always note your jokes, no worries ;-). You are right, there is no reason I shouldn't be using a pick. I think it's a little bit the same story with my singing... I've been doing it quietly all these years and now I'm opening up more and more and letting it out. The 12 string is very loud and I think I'm a little bit afraid of any bum note I play might be amplified too much! Hmmm, I will have a goo with a pick over the next few days.

Abilo, many thanks for your very kind comment and for taking the time to drop by! Much appreciate it as I have been appreciating your great posts recently

Scott, great to be reaching you way up there in Alaska. Man, that is so cool ('scuse the pun!). Can't imagine standing on an Alaskan street corner busking right now though! Glad to spread the feel of that song so far: optimistic and so full of yearning.

Thanks Vanessa! You are inspiring me to perform ever better with your great posts, singing, playing and presence. I bravely faced the camera for you this time :-).

sbutler

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Chris, busking on a street corning in Ak right now would be a painful experience. My wife (Sharon) and I went to Anchorage yesterday for the start of a winter carnival call the "Fur Rondy" (short for rendezvous) They dump snow ON the street for dog sled races, and all manor of frivolous things.

When we arrived, the temp was 15f, around -10c. The wind picked up to about 30kts, taking the windchill down to numbing levels. SO, we went to eat INSIDE a restaurant.

While leaving, we noticed that the 3 lanes of traffic had come to a stop in front of us so we stopped to watch an old grumpy bull moose lay his ears back, and simply stop traffic to walk across the busiest street in Anchorage. He had lost his antlers already and maybe thats why he was grumpy. Or perhaps it was the cold.

But my guess is that if you'd have found a place out of the wind, you'd have been really popular.

Thanks again

Scott Image

reiver

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Chris

Another really powerful performance from you. Your vocal range and the Hayward-esque quality of your voice really does the song justice. Played and sung with a calm authority. Great stuff.

Stuart

snipe

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Really good stuff Chris. just wonderful and Inspirational. Thanks for puting that up.

Mike

Craig

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Great job Chris. I really thought that was quite wonderful. One person playing the guitar and singing a beautiful song is pretty hard to beat. Well done.
Craig

pbraun

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Chris I also don't know the song or much of the Moody Blues, but this was great. Your solid playing and singing are always a joy to watch and listen.
Pete

tovo

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm officially "gobsmacked". Wow Chris that is beautiful. Maybe there IS something to this Moody Blues mob! ;)

In all seriousness, a wonderful performance that I was glued to throughout. Your voice is sounding stronger than ever (not that it has ever been anything but fantastic) and your love of the tune and feel for the lyric came through so very strongly. I cannot heap enough praise on you for this. Just wonderful.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Scott, that is one BIG beast in that photo! Bet you don't argue with one of them about parking spaces :-).

Stuart, thank you for your very kind comment... " Haywardesque and Played and sung with a calm authority" ... there's something about that that feels really good! Thank You!

Thank you for listening Mike. "Inspirational" is one of the best compliments you can get and give, thanks so much!

Craig, thanks so much. There definitely is something powerful about just a guitar and the song which can be so strong on it's own, and I think that's why we all play acoustically. if I've managed that for you here, then I'm really chuffed!

Pete, thanks so much for tuning in!

Tony, this must be my day!'m a bit lost for words (for once!) to know how to tell you all how this makes me feel. I love the song, I got it don on tape, my daughter cried and I am almost overwhelmed by the comments here. I loved Dennis' comment some weeks back..." bask in the love" I think he said :-) and that's about how it feels. If there's one thing I really am proud of, that's getting you sit and listen to a MB song... and then like it. Makes it all worthwhile! :-)

Seriously folks, this has been a blast. thanks so much for listening.

I've been playing this (live not the vid) all day now and its just gotten better and better... amazing when a song suddenly sits just right when it didn't the day before and 10 days ago you'd never even tried to play it!

lueders

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Smooth as silk, Chris. I am with Marc, I think this is my favorite of your many solid performances. Voice was velvet-y smooth, fluid chord changes , and your tone was clear as crystal. All and all, that is pretty gosh dang good I'd say!
With such explosive talent you really shouldn't sit next to that open flame like that...you might burn down the house.

Cori

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic