Busking Justin Hayward

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Cori, thanks man... you should talk about talent... keep those songs of yours coming! ;-)

takhak

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Can't stop listening to this one.Its "Vanessa good" !!!

haoli25

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 am

Chris, my friend, put me down to buy your first CD when its released. Just fantastic! Bravo! Bravo!

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:30 am

Very nice, well played and as always very well sung. And I'm impressed you managed to impress Tony!! Woo hoo...

I've heard at least two other covers of this one on a 12 in Open C and one on a 6 in a weird DADFAC tuning.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 am

Thanks Tak.... Vanessaesque is a BIG compliment! :-)

Thanks Billl and thanks fort he encouragement along the way!

Thanks Chas! DADFAC you say? Why didn't I ask in the first place! I really want to be able to play this in tuning so I'll be trying it out. The studio video of Justin Hayward playing this in tuning was the inspiration for me, that's there version I aspire to so this is valuable information for me. How do you know that's the tuning? I know that Justin gets really hung up on alternative tunings and uses really unusual ones at times. I couldn't work it out but I found brpbrpbrp playing it exactly right so I'm asking him for tab.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:51 am

Wow! :blush: And Í would take Chriseque as a BIG compliment as well!! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime wrote:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Wow! :blush: And Í would take Chriseque as a BIG compliment as well!! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thank you M'am! :-)

ceaser67

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 am

Hi Chris
That was really excellant.really enjoy youre playing and singing,you are another here thats blessed with a great voice,been at lesleys all weekend from the poker on friday,just catching up on these posts,great job again chris well done.

Youre scottish friend
Tommy

suziko

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Chris,

Sorry for taking a bit to comment on this video. I was sick all weekend with a cold/flu and stayed away from TG for most of the time. I didn't want to get any of you sick :)

This was a beautiful performance. Everything about it is great- your fluid strumming, your wonderful voice, the sound quality, the feeling put into it, the moving lyrics. I loved it every second of it!! It's no wonder to me that Ale cried! I got a little choked up myself!

I loved it, Chris! Thanks for posting.

Suzi

michelew

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Chris,

It gave me goosebumps. In fact I think i had goosebumps on my goosebumps.

Sorry to be late to the party. Sometimes you just gotta leave the good ones until you've got a chance listen properly.

That was really beautiful. I'm not sure if it's my favourite one of yours. There's been SO many gorgeous videos from you Chris, but it's definitely a favourite.

That 12 string sounds SO gorgeous and your simple arrangement was just perfect, accompanying you without taking the focus from your angelic voice. You have a real gift there my friend.

Please, pllease put me on the CD list too. I'd like a signed copy please. I'll get in now before you start getting chased down the street again by your groupies.

As always your performance is a really pleasure to watch. It's made my morning.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic