Busking for MattB

tovo

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Cori that was pretty cool mate. I like it...a lot.

willem

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:17 pm

lueders wrote:
Jason, Thanks again, Man... I was just trying to take advantage of all the open notes/voicings a person can use in the key of E. I never throw away a riff or lick idea either...you never know when you might be able to tweak it a little and use it.I got a LONG way to go with making up my own stuff but... I like to think I am learning a little bit of the theory stuff all the time. Neil's chord family stuff has really helped...BIGTIME! Generally speaking, I am aware of the number of each chord (1-7) in guitar friendly key.A,C,D,E,G. Within the key I just look for a certain combination(s) that I like. I think it is a cool thing to throw in sub, and secondary sub-dominants too.(like a lot of people do noodling around...I'm sure.) I would like to get to where I borrow more from closely related keys for a little contrast. (Right now a lot of my stuff sounds too predictable I think...but ya gotta start somewhere.) Another thing that I think is totally underrated is a cool unexpected major-minor or major-minor move in a tune. On the lead playing side of things I am only now getting into that. There is so much I have to learn about that stuff that it is not even funny! Most of the time when I play these target songs now, I try to analyze stuff like: how the chords function together and scale choices for lead playing the composer made and stuff like that. I like to deconstruct these songs so I can recycle and steal I guess.

I teach K-12 Art and I like to think I am 2-d and 3-d artist. As I learn more about music I am fascinated by the parallels with "Chord" theory and "Color" theory. For example...a basic Triadic color relationship like Red, Yellow & Blue or Green, Purple & Orange is very much the visual equivalent of I, IV, V relationship in any key.

Cor I like the ART man in you and i think you have THE teacher blood too,, well i like how you go and analyze the target songs,that looks like a great way to go and be busy on many fronts,when i get there i try to remember this..to answer on an other question from you to me,,i think i'm on my feet again...oh and i like your arrangement...question to you,, how do you like your dobro???

michelew

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Wow, way to go Cori, that sounds really great!! :cheer:

Not only do I admire you making up stuff but also the guts to post it and to share it with us, great on you my friend!

The tune is really catchy, your timing and consistency of strumming is perfect, very very good Cori!

Cheers

Ness

lueders

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks Vanessa, praise from you is GREATLY appreciated. (And Twice... is well, twice as nice! lol! i didn't plan that I promise!) Thanks for the kind words, Vanessa You're a good egg!...Not sure I deserve all of the nice things you said but thank you very much!!!

(b.t.w.I just thought I would get this thing posted and get onto the next project...)

Speaking of next project...whatya workin' on?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic