Busking for MattB

TGNeil

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Taking the hint from our fearless leader, MattW, I thought I would start a thread where folks can put songs, thoughts, or even just best wishes for our friend and colleague MattB. I wasn't really sure what I was going to play so I just hit the record button and let my fingers take over. They stumbled into a melody that has held a very special place in my heart for many years.

I hope everybody involved here at TG will take a little time and think about expressing themselves in this thread with some music for MattB. Maybe an original piece or arrangement, some rewritten lyrics to an existing melody, or anything that strikes your fancy.

We would like to keep this rolling and hope that MattB will be encouraged and stay positive about his fight right now.

Neil

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

ffsooo3

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 pm

For MattB.....

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

buddy

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Matt,

Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.

Bud

jcrocket

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:49 pm

for MattB...

lueders

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:01 am

Our hearts go out to you, Matt...

P.S. Wanted to attempt one of your cool lessons: S.T.P, Weezer, or Sublime. But it would have been horrendous
if I tried to sing any of those. I decided to try and express something heartfelt the instrumental route.[video]http://[/video]

tovo

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:29 am

A sad tune Matt but from my heart to you. Keep fighting mate.

willem

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 am

Mattie,,when will those clouds all disappear..

reiver

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:33 am

It's probably not the most obvious choice of song to busk for you Matt - but it developed into something that couldn't be ignored........lucrative!

Matt, I hope that, even if the song doesn't put a smile on your face, the idea of people actually paying to see it will - 15 of them, by my last count. And I hope you feel the pain was worth the gain.

All good luck in your continuing fight.

michelew

Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:41 am

Matt,

Here's a favourite song of mine which I hope will give you a little reprieve and hopefully a smile or two. It's a simplified version of Sarah McLachlan's Ice Cream.

You've been giving this community your love in the form of your lessons and this is also a little thank you for that.

I've only just learned it and it could do with a little maturing, but I wanted to get it up so here it is.

Remember we'll be thinking of you.

Michele

(Chord progression sorted courtesy of our favourite super hero). Word stumbles - all mine.

jayswett

Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:07 am

Matt will love that, no doubt. Well done, Michele.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic