Busking SOGGY BOTTOM BOYS

buddy

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:50 pm

Sometimes I need to just have fun on the guitar. That is the case with this song. It is a fun song from the movie Brother Where Art Thou. Hope you enjoy it and it is pretty twangy in keeping with the song.

It is called Man of Constant Sorrow.

You might notice I am playing this on a brand new Taylor. :woohoo: I was not really looking for another guitar and have played many Taylor's from the 814 down to the 214 but I was in Best Buy and just happened to pull this one off of the wall. I fell in love with the sound of this specific guitar the moment I played it. The clearness and the sustain from this one just had the specific sound I was looking for. I played four or five other Taylor's just to make sure my ears were not playing tricks on me and sure enough this particular one had the exact sound that really grabbed me, so I grabbed it back.

Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Fun song Buddy. i thought it was hysterical, first time I heard the original. You make a very convincing Hick in this song ;-).... chorus is just great.
I have played this a couple of times but I found the vocals really hard to get the syntax right. Guess I need to have a couple beers, stick a straw in the side of my mouth and go for it.
Nice job!

BobR

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Buddy,

That was really good. There's something about that song that really gets me and you did a fine job. Next time you'll need a fake beard though :laugh: :laugh: You won't get ridden out of town on a rail for this one.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Lavallee

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Fun song Buddy, you seem to have a lot of fun. Good looking guitar too. First time I see a starw hat with ear muffles ;)

Marc

buddy

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Chris, I did have to work up to Hick mode for this. Your right, a few beers and a piece of straw is all it takes. Well, maybe more than a few beers :-0

buddy

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Bob, Thanks. This song does have a special quality to it. I loved the movie as well.

Bud

buddy

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Marc, Yep, a very fun song. I really like playing the baselines in it.

Bud

lueders

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Sorry Buddy, watched this earlier a time or two and I forgot to comment. Great job, great song choice. I saw the guy that does with Allison Krauss down in Houston back when that movie was first out. Great song...and you did it justice!

ceaser67

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:47 am

Buddy
Great job,love the hat was waiting for dolly to jump in at some point there hahaha,

Youre scottish friend
Tommy

ceaser67

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 am

Buddy
sorry forgot to mention the Taylor,lovely guitar
HAPPY NEW GUITAR lol

Youre scottish friend
Tommy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic