Busking Son Volt

jcrocket

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Michele - thanks for watching, and for the encouraging words. I can safely say that no one has ever used the word "magic" to descibe my singing before - that really means a lot.

Walt - appreciate the tip, I definitely plan to read that book - and the movie is already in my Netflix queue.

Suzi - thanks. I do remember you saying you liked Wilco, glad to hear you enjoy Son Volt as well. I think they're both great bands - but with the different directions they have gone musically, comparing them is like comparing apples to oranges.

Walt, you mentioned seeing Uncle Tupelo in front of about 20 people - my first time seeing any of these guys live was last November, when my son and I saw Jay Farrar at a place in Newport, KY, in front of about 75-100 people. It pretty much locked me in as a fan. Here's a video I took at the show (the guy with him is Gary Hunt, who played the acoustic, a Telecaster, and a violin):

[video][/video]

unclewalt

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:29 pm

Looks like a great show. Last time I saw Son Volt - jeez, probably like 5 years ago already-- was at First Avenue in Minneapolis when I lived there. Really good show, except they played WAY TOO LOUD. So loud, it actually hurt. This looks more digestible. I'm getting old.

Semi-related story: I saw Neko Case at First Avenue right around the same. From the room next door there was a constant thumping of some kind of really loud music. On Neko's quieter songs, it actually interfered. I finally asked the waitress what was going on over there. "It's Prince's birthday," she said. "He's having a party."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic