Busking Son Volt

jcrocket

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Lately these guys have been one of my favorite bands. Here's "Methamphetamine" from the album The Search.

I know there's at least one other Son Volt fan here - it would be a real "Windfall" if you'd add a video to this thread ;)

Jeff

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

buddy

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 pm

Jeff, Super job on this. Great playing and great vocals. Your sound quality is really good on this recording as well.

Bud

lueders

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Touche, Jay! Wow-sers Dude! That sounds so right you playing this song. This genre, is so You!
Understand that I don't mean you aren't all about the fancy pickin' stuff too...you've got a Cream, and an Arlo G.
tune on here I'm still envious of...but man you're authentic voice and style just fits this stuff like a glove. Love it, love it, love it...

It is nights like this I am glad I am an insomniac. Reminds me of that night it was like Christmas having you post all those Wilco tunes.

I am guessing I am the Sun Volt fan you're speaking of. (Boy am I ever, a fanatical one at that!)
I think I remember Suzi hinting that she was a Son Volt or Wilco fan...if I am not mistaken. Probably more here, too.

"Windfall," heh? sounds like a dare. Don't believe I could do it justice without a vocalist. But I might try.
Great job Jay! Really, really dug it, man!

b.t.w. Here comes the Sun was great!! You should put that in the Beatles Busker too I think, if it isn't already. I've watched it quite a few times now.

tovo

Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:34 pm

Never heard of Sun Volt but I've heard of Jeff on TG and he is the stuff! That was great Jeff, certainly piqued my interest enough to check out Sun Volt. Thanks for another great upload and agree with Cori, your version of Here Comes the Sun was great, and a great choice of tune for that thread as opposed to my manic depressive stuff!

Craig

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:05 am

Jeff,
Not familiar with the band but now I am! Thanks for the introduction. Great job on a good song. You are looking and sounding very professional these days!
Very nicely done.
Craig

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:19 am

Thanks for showing us a song from a less-known band Jeff. I like your style of play, sound, vocals, the whole feel you have on your songs. Great job again!

ffsooo3

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 am

Great all around. Loved the hybrid picking in there.

ceaser67

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 am

Hi Jeff
i had never heard of this band eithier,thanks for the intro,you certainly did that song justice,really enjoyed that,

Youre scottish friend
Tommy

willem

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:00 am

Wow Jeff, I loved it!

Great singing and playing, your voice suits this song very well, thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it very much so!

Cheers

Ness

(And yep, I also enjoyed your rendition of Here comes the sun, very good job!) :cheer:

willem

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:00 am

Jeff,i like the song and the ease your doing this..not familair with the band..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic