Busking BILL WITHERS

Lavallee

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:42 am

That is a good one Buddy, I had forgotten about this song, nice performance. Must not be so easy to sing

Marc

buddy

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Marc, Good to hear from you. I had to sing this one from my toes on up :-)

jcrocket

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Buddy, really good stuff, enjoyed that a lot. That list of artists that your voice is perfect for is getting quite long!

Jeff

buddy

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:10 am

Jeff, thanks I am working pretty hard on the singing part to complement the guitar playing.

Bud

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Buddy,

As I mentioned in another thread, I did a search on 'Bill Withers' to see if anyone else had done a version of 'Ain't No Sunshine'. Was happy to see both yours and Michele's versions, that I had missed!!

Such emotion in yours. Really enjoyed it.

I had already recorded my own version before seeing yours, and I'll upload it to this thread later tonight if I have time.
I used to shy away from doing the same song as other people for various reasons. But I've come to see the value in it. It's great to see different people do the same song and see what they bring to the table, so to speak.

Thanks for sharing.

daryl

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:01 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
....I used to shy away from doing the same song as other people for various reasons. But I've come to see the value in it. It's great to see different people do the same song and see what they bring to the table, so to speak.

Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely. I'd love to see everyone (who upload videos here) do the same song. It would be really interesting to see each person's interpretation.....

buddy

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Al, thanks for the comment. I am with you and Daryl, the more people that post a song the more we all learn from them. It always amazes me how we can each bring a part of our own personality into every song. That is one of the things I love about listening to everyone's posts on TG.

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:20 pm

"Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers (not 'WIRS', as the busking thread is titled!)
This song has haunted me ever since Neil put up the lesson. The chord solo is next on my list- but that will take a lot longer. Tuff stuff.

Anyway- let me know what you think.
There's a subtle 2nd guitar part starting in the 2nd verse that you might not notice at first.

Cheers!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

AcousticAl

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Huh??

I thought this would go in the Bill Wither's thread that Buddy had started.

Maybe TG can fix it. Will put in a ticket.

michelew

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 am

Very nice Al. Very touching.

Your playing was nice and i really liked the bits you added in to fill it out. Nice vocals too.

I reckon you could learn a cool bass line in a flash.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic