Busking BILL WITHERS

AcousticAl

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:06 am

willem wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
Michele- Thanks. I'd like to pick up another instrument like the bass. Maybe renting one would be a good idea to see how it feels. But I'm also WAY too undisciplined with practicing to start something else right now. Maybe in the new year... when I practice more... and start exercising... and eating better... and drinking less...
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Daryl- I can always count on your supportive comments.
Re. the Busking Thread- it's a bit weird. I saw Buddy's thread called 'Bill Withers'. But when I went to add mine to it, I only saw 'Bill Wirs' in the drop down menu. So I figured that must be it and it was a typo.. so I added mine to 'Bill Wirs'. Well I was wrong and it started a new 'Bill Wirs' thread!! Comedy of errors, and I've put in a support ticket. Very low priority.
I just hope Mr. Wirs doesn't get wind of us covering all of his tunes so much.. He's gonna be looking for royalties!!! :laugh:

Willem- Good idea about filming the 2nd guitar part. People would probably be interested in seeing it.. but you're right about it taking more time. Will see on the next one.

Pete- Thank you sir.

Chris- Any hint of Paul Simon on this one? ;)

Oh but it is now ''aint no sunshine'' by ACOUSTICAL....looking forward to an exellent peep video show ...

Willem- where I live, a 'Peep Show' is something TOTALLY different. Let's just say you won't be getting one of those from me..
Unless you buy me dinner first.. :laugh:

willem

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:20 am

AcousticAl wrote:
willem wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
Michele- Thanks. I'd like to pick up another instrument like the bass. Maybe renting one would be a good idea to see how it feels. But I'm also WAY too undisciplined with practicing to start something else right now. Maybe in the new year... when I practice more... and start exercising... and eating better... and drinking less...
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Daryl- I can always count on your supportive comments.
Re. the Busking Thread- it's a bit weird. I saw Buddy's thread called 'Bill Withers'. But when I went to add mine to it, I only saw 'Bill Wirs' in the drop down menu. So I figured that must be it and it was a typo.. so I added mine to 'Bill Wirs'. Well I was wrong and it started a new 'Bill Wirs' thread!! Comedy of errors, and I've put in a support ticket. Very low priority.
I just hope Mr. Wirs doesn't get wind of us covering all of his tunes so much.. He's gonna be looking for royalties!!! :laugh:

Willem- Good idea about filming the 2nd guitar part. People would probably be interested in seeing it.. but you're right about it taking more time. Will see on the next one.

Pete- Thank you sir.

Chris- Any hint of Paul Simon on this one? ;)

Oh but it is now ''aint no sunshine'' by ACOUSTICAL....looking forward to an exellent peep video show ...

Willem- where I live, a 'Peep Show' is something TOTALLY different. Let's just say you won't be getting one of those from me..
Unless you buy me dinner first.. :laugh:

even for what I mend I would buy you a diner....here in the dutch they all dissappeared so don't come over to gape...lol

AcousticAl

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:38 pm

Big shout out to TG Cheryl for the same-day service on the support ticket i put in!

You'll see my vid and people that have commented on it have been merged with Buddy's original Bill Withers busking tbread

buddy

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Aaaah, very very well done Al, really enjoyed all of it! Loved the way you kicked in again after the 'I know', really cool! B)

Ness

lueders

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Hey, I got an idea...how about Bill Withers Collab of "Aint No Sunshine"
(Since you all three did such a great job on this tune.)

I would love to see :Buddy, Michele, Al...rockin' out on this tune. You're all AV pros now, right Michele!
You guys could put it together in a jiffy!!

You could call yourselves ... B.A.M.! (Buddy, Al, Michele) Kinda sounds like Wham! and how much ace did they
kick! (Okay, no they really didn't but you get my meaning, right?)
I think it is a sign! You don't mess with a band with name like: B.A.M!

Before I got totally goofy...I did want to say that Al, I thought your vocals sounded really great on this song!!

B.A.M.? How bout it? B)

Cori

BobR

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Al,

Very nicely done. I definitely liked the way you've added your mix to it and your vocals sound really good.

Thanks for busking

bob

buddy

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Al, I really like your interpretation of this tune. Vocals sound great as well. Are you using a harmonizer and if so, which one are you using ?

Bud

Craig

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Al,
I thought you knocked that one out of the park! Your vocals continue to impress. Very well done!
Craig

cosmicmechanic

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:00 pm

I enjoyed that a lot Al, really well sung and all around good tune to be able to pull out when it's mellow-vibe time.

I do have problem with this song's lyrics, though, at the "I know, I know ..." part, because in my experience,
guys find themselves saying that mostly when she IS NOT gone away :side:

great job!
Pierre

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:35 am

Andy- Good luck finding your camera!

Boldent- Thanks for your comments. I find letting loose a tough thing when I'm singing (if that's the right term). I'm quite restrained with my singing in general. I should probably sign up to T.V. and get some tips!

Ness- Thank you. I've enjoyed watching the videos from your jaunt to the U.S. as well.

Cori- The other member of the Madison-Trio! Looks like you guys had a blast.
I've got something different cookin' in the collaboration dept. already.. so stand by :)

Mr. Bob! Thanks. I wasn't sure about the 2nd vocals/harmonies at first. This song is also right at the edge of my normal vocal range as well.

Buddy- Funny you should ask that. Someone else asked me the same thing on a different upload in a private message.
The answer is no. It's just another pass/track where I sing harmony.

Craig- Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment.

Pierre- Good point! Although maybe it should be changed to 'Yes Dear, Yes Dear,Yes Dear,Yes Dear, Yes Dear,Yes Dear' :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic