Busking BILL WITHERS

michelew

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:56 am

I didn't realise there was a Bill Withers Busking thread or I'd have added my "Ain't no sunshine" here. Live and learn; like check and read.

AndyT

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:01 am

I tend to shy away from songs others have posted also.
Like Al, I had various reasons. Not the least of which is having a place to shoot the video itself. LOL
I may have that one handled, at least for a while. Just gotta find the camera now...

daryl

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:05 am

Fantastic interpretation. Very tastefully done. Beautiful touch with the 2nd guitar part. I agree with Michele about adding a bass part. And I'm looking forward to the video with the lead part added.....

daryl

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:14 am

Looks like the Busking uploader is stripping out "THE" from the names????

BILL WITHERS --> BILL WIRS
DAVE MATHEWS --> DAVE MAWS
HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH --> HOOTIE AND BLOWFISH

But not "The Beatles" or "The Association"

Weird.

willem

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:55 am

WOW Al,,great upload,,this is a great upload to play along with you,really well done..liked the fills too..It would maybe nice to film that too and do a PIP or an transparant overlay that would add more(i think)to your exellent video's but it is a lot of work,,

Thanks
Willem

pbraun

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:00 am

Al,
That sounds really good, the backing vocals and guitar are a nice touch!
Pete

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:41 am

PDG Al! Nice work.

AcousticAl

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:55 am

Michele- Thanks. I'd like to pick up another instrument like the bass. Maybe renting one would be a good idea to see how it feels. But I'm also WAY too undisciplined with practicing to start something else right now. Maybe in the new year... when I practice more... and start exercising... and eating better... and drinking less...
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Daryl- I can always count on your supportive comments.
Re. the Busking Thread- it's a bit weird. I saw Buddy's thread called 'Bill Withers'. But when I went to add mine to it, I only saw 'Bill Wirs' in the drop down menu. So I figured that must be it and it was a typo.. so I added mine to 'Bill Wirs'. Well I was wrong and it started a new 'Bill Wirs' thread!! Comedy of errors, and I've put in a support ticket. Very low priority.
I just hope Mr. Wirs doesn't get wind of us covering all of his tunes so much.. He's gonna be looking for royalties!!! :laugh:

Willem- Good idea about filming the 2nd guitar part. People would probably be interested in seeing it.. but you're right about it taking more time. Will see on the next one.

Pete- Thank you sir.

Chris- Any hint of Paul Simon on this one? ;)

willem

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:01 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Michele- Thanks. I'd like to pick up another instrument like the bass. Maybe renting one would be a good idea to see how it feels. But I'm also WAY too undisciplined with practicing to start something else right now. Maybe in the new year... when I practice more... and start exercising... and eating better... and drinking less...
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Daryl- I can always count on your supportive comments.
Re. the Busking Thread- it's a bit weird. I saw Buddy's thread called 'Bill Withers'. But when I went to add mine to it, I only saw 'Bill Wirs' in the drop down menu. So I figured that must be it and it was a typo.. so I added mine to 'Bill Wirs'. Well I was wrong and it started a new 'Bill Wirs' thread!! Comedy of errors, and I've put in a support ticket. Very low priority.
I just hope Mr. Wirs doesn't get wind of us covering all of his tunes so much.. He's gonna be looking for royalties!!! :laugh:

Willem- Good idea about filming the 2nd guitar part. People would probably be interested in seeing it.. but you're right about it taking more time. Will see on the next one.

Pete- Thank you sir.

Chris- Any hint of Paul Simon on this one? ;)

Oh but it is now ''aint no sunshine'' by ACOUSTICAL....looking forward to an exellent peep video show ...

boldent

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:04 am

Outstanding Al. Thumping your guitar and when you kicked in with 'I otta leave this young thing alone', gave this song some extra punch.

I agree with daryl , I'm looking forward to hearing you play the lead.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic