Busking CSN&Y

Music Junkie

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:22 pm

Mark:

I see you have been doing some fingerpicking practice.... ;) ;)

Way to go sir. Like everyone has mentioned, you voice is growing more and more confident and smooth. I think you picked a very goo range for yourself as well. The balance was superb, and the speed was solid. I am diggin't it.

Keep up the great work!

J

lueders

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:13 am

WOW!! Man, I don't know if it was the suggested advice you took from our esteemed TG singers or if the
microphone made a difference...but your sound quality was superb on this!

Your voice has a very warm inviting quality to it...no jive'n round it really does.
Finger picking sounds nice clear, I really liked this post a lot...
Awesome, awesome :cheer: post, dude!!!

pbraun

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:22 am

Mark, excellent I thought the first version was good but this was even better. Sounds like you slowed it down and it fits perfectly. I could tell you had put a lot into this
Pete

ffsooo3

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:22 am

Very nice all around. Sound quality, balance, tone, picking, and singing. Hopefully, we'll see more CSN&Y here!

michelew

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:34 am

Mark,

I enjoyed the last version. But, adopting everyone's advice has really paid off for you in this latest version. Your singing works really well especially. You're picking sounds just as beautiful as it did the first time.

Sort of strange that there hasn't been a CSNY thread to date with all the die-hard fans here. I'm expecting an avalanche any second now. Maybe someone should start a book on who'll be next. Not that I'm a betting sort.

Great post.

Michele

skaladar

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:57 am

Man you got some sweet sound there Mark ... both the guitar and the vocals sound great. You look very comfortable with the song. I wish I could be that confident with finger picking. Very nicely done!

Oh, and I agree ... good idea at getting a busking CSN&Y thread started. Odd that there isn't one already.

♫ Ken ♫

MarkM

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:16 am

Dave- Thanks!! I was right where you are not too long ago with this fingerpicking stuff. If I can get to where I am, believe me so can you or anyone else for that matter. All it takes is a bit of time and patience.

Pierre - Thank you!!!! Yeah I was hoping that a lesson would have come out during CSN&Y week but we got other great ones instead. So I figured I'd try and learn this from the available TABS out there and youtube videos. Put them all together and this is what came out.

Jason - Thanks! Haven't heard from you in a while. I hope all is well. With all this )#*)#@(#&)(&& snow on the ground all I have is time to learn how to fingerpick. Need to get all this done before the rivers start flowing again.

Cori - Thanks alot!!! I appreciate it. Same mic. Different attitude and a tiny dab of reverb...................

Pete - Thanks!!! Yeah I just had to keep at this one.

Daryl - Thank you. Yes I sure hope to see some more CSN&Y as well so I can learn from them.

Michele - Thank you!!!!! I'm betting on Vanessa as I'm sure she has a pretty good backlog of CSN&Y songs.

Ken - Thanks!!! As I said earlier. If I can do this then anyone can. It's just time and patience. I've got a long way to go but I'm more confident in tackling some harder songs now.

MarkM

Lavallee

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 am

Hi Mark, I really enjoy your work on that song, You are having a good balance between the voice and the guitar. Both of your videos are very good but I find I prefer the guitar sound of your first video with the microphone instead of direct plugging. I find it warmer. But the voice is better on the second one. The finger picking is excellent.

I will definitely spend some time on that song, you made it very appealing

Marc

jcrocket

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Mark,

Great job, you've made a remarkable amount of progress on this in a short time. Like others said, you seem very comfortable. My guess is this will become one of your "go-to" songs, if it's not already.

Jeff

MarkM

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Marc - Thank you!! I used Reaper and recorded two seperate tracks at the same time. This gave me a really good interface to work with in getting the individual volume set for each track. I agree that I like the sound of the non-plugged in guitar better. I'm still trying to dial in the right tone for it when plugged in.

Jeff - Thank you!! Getting a bit more comfortable each time I go through this. Its easier when I know either the note or the lyrics by heart. Some day I'll hopefully get them both :laugh: :laugh: .

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic