Collaboration of The Wind

heyjoe

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:15 am

Gúys, that was gréat!

And yes, over too soon, a very very good job, both of you!

Cheers

Ness

jayswett

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:45 am

Thanks for the comments. It's a short song with only two verses, and actually I was happy about that fact as it reduces the risk of screwing it up! I'm with MJ with regard to these collaborations. They are a great feature of TG and I wish I had time to do more. Having said that, this one didn't take too much time to put together, and I learn more about the technical aspects each time I do one. With this particular collaboration, I learned how to convert a large AVI file to a much smaller WMV file, which made it easier to work with in the video editing software that I use.

sws626

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:58 am

Thanks everyone. This really was a lot of fun to do. I hadn't heard both tracks together until just now and I have to say that Jay did a superb job at pulling it all together -- and he was very patient waiting for me to get around to recording the vocals. We should all really do more collaborations.

-Stuart

pbraun

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 am

Wow that was great playing and singing, this is a great Cat song and you both did it very well!
Pete

willem

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 am

Great and love it a,,,

BobR

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:26 am

Jay / Stuart,

That was a great performance by both. I too was wanting more. Well done! ! ! !

Thanks for sharing.

Bob

suziko

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Jay and Stuart,

Really nice job. A Cat Stevens song I've always liked, but I didn't realize how short it is. It's a testament to your version that I was sad when it seemed to be over too quickly. Great fingerpicking, as always, Jay, and I loved the emotion and passion that Stuart put into his vocals. I know what Stuart means about enjoying when you finally get to see the two parts put together. It gave me a huge rush.

Thanks for posting this!

Suzi

jayswett

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Very nice video guys. It must be one of the few song from Cat that I am not familiar with . I am glad you guys presented it. It is really a nice song Nice picking Jay and Stuart you really have the perfect voice for Cat's songs

Great work

Marc
I was surprised to hear that you were not familiar with this song as I was always under the impression that it was one of his more popular songs. In fact, it was featured in a car commercial here in the states not too long ago. Anyway, glad you liked it, and I completely agree regarding the suitability of Stuart's voice for this song.
Jay

dennisg

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:08 pm

Bravissimo! I loved every too-brief second of it.

And, like some others here, I've never heard the song either.

Lavallee

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:30 pm

jayswett wrote:
Lavallee wrote:
Very nice video guys. It must be one of the few song from Cat that I am not familiar with . I am glad you guys presented it. It is really a nice song Nice picking Jay and Stuart you really have the perfect voice for Cat's songs

Great work

Marc
I was surprised to hear that you were not familiar with this song as I was always under the impression that it was one of his more popular songs. In fact, it was featured in a car commercial here in the states not too long ago. Anyway, glad you liked it, and I completely agree regarding the suitability of Stuart's voice for this song.
Jay
Interesting question as why songs are known by some people and not by others. It must that an area would play certain types of songs while other do the opposite. My local rock station rarely play any of the same songs I get from Sirius radio satellite which is coming from Texas. Both are good, but plays different stuff. I had many records from Cat but I guess I never noticed it.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic