Busking Guns n' Roses

michelew

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:19 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Shel. As you know very well, I really value your opinion and considered intently what you wrote. I don't feel I should take this to a lower key, I felt comfortable with it, I really feel it is well in my (admittedly limited) range. It is a real rock tune, a bit of a screamer.

Your point on changing up the strumming however I take aboard absolutely. The way to make the tune much more interesting is a couple of really nice solos that I am not capable of right now unfortunately. Here is the tune by the man himself, with a great vocalist accompanying him. A few things here, he plays some great solos, he makes the Maton sound devine, and the whole vibe is really cool. Take a look:

I just rewatched your post. Disregard my first comment about the key. I think I must have been on drugs, ... too much coffee maybe.

Your version sounds great.

I do love your voice in it's lower range, but this version is very expressive.

I know you like to get feedback that includes suggestions rather than just 'Good job' all the time. SO perhaps I was trying too hard too. Drugs, trying too hard... not a good combo...not pretty.

Shel

tovo

Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:20 am

Don't worry Michele. I don't mind you making suggestions that's all you were doing. Sometimes it can be real hard to say what your honest impression is, particularly if the majority are saying "good job". That's nice, but suggestions are good as well.

Overall, I think my version was just OK. I think some more flat picking would be the ticket.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic