Busking Celtic Music

lueders

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Short Finger-style Arrangement of Jenny Pluck Pears by Allan Alexander

I have always loved Celtic music. Nothing gets that 25% of me that is (Scotch-Irish) going like a nice jig or reel.
Anyways, I just thought I would put this up here as a belated Saint Patrick's day salute...

I still have about four or five bars worth of Alexander's variations on this piece. As Bear would say: I don't own it yet, but I don't think it is too bad a start. Wish the tune wasn't so dad-gum short of a piece...even with the variations. Always trying to get better at finger picking and I think this is a great genre for both finger pickers and flat pickers...just love this stuff... Thanks Cori

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

haoli25

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Cori, kindly turn your head while I steal that one from you! I love it!

Bill

Lavallee

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:14 pm

This is great Cori, very original video. Great picking giving a very Celtic recognizable song. I was in Temple Bar in Dublin many years ago and most of the pubs play that kind of stuff. This music brings smiles on people.

I hope that it will trigger some lessons in this style.

Marc

buddy

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Cori, This reminded me of the movie Brave Heart. Really great stuff going with this tune. Would love to hear and extended version of this type of music. Cool guitar as well.

Bud

Craig

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:41 am

Cori,
Good job. I can definately hear the "celtic sound" in this piece. I don't know much about this type of music but I have the urge to drink a pint of ale! Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it.
Craig

willem

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:02 am

Cori,,great idea to add some celtic sound,,,,you did fine..

tombo1230

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:45 am

Great stuff Cori. As a fellow Celt I salute you sir :)
Great guitar with a unique sound. Thanks for sharing.

Tom N.

Music Junkie

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 am

Cori:

Great job! It is funny, as I cannot sit an listen to a Celtic album, but when someone is playing it live, like you did, or in an Irish pub or a festival, it is mesmerizing to me. Such emotional music. You did very well with that piece. I agree it is short. Your picking is pretty solid, you have been puting some time I see. I really enjoyed this upload. Thanks!

BTW, you had better keep an eye on Bill, he is bound and determined to get that beautiful guitar of yours...... ;) ;)

J

MarkM

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:28 am

Cori,

Great job!!! Well if you don't own you certainly have it on layaway........ I thought the picking was very good and the guitar sounded great. Nice to see another video from you!!!!

MarkM

MarkM

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Way to go Cori! :cheer:

Very very well! That was very nice to hear, you did real good, also great to hear such music, it has it's own charm or something, however really enjoyed it!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic