Busking Celtic Music

pbraun

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:05 am

Cori, very enjoyable, sounds great on that new guitar!
Pete

Music Junkie

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great stuff Cori and great to hear your resonator again. I wonder where the rest of the Scots are like Chas and Stuart and Carpet and Tommy...mending their kilts or tossing the cabers or some such highland thing, I guess.... ;-).

Chris:

We have a local "Highland Games" here in Ventura every year at the fairgrounds, and the log throwing is a huge hit! We take the kids and we all have a lot of fun. A huge collection of very nice people there.

Although, they almost kicked me out when they heard I was Swiss/Italian..... :woohoo: :woohoo:

J

RicksPick

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 am

Love the sound Cori
Nice tune to have in the repitoir

RicksPick

lueders

Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:23 am

Geez, at long last I had better get to thanking some folks....

Bill- You don't really want my middle of the road, Dean do ya? lol Aren't you a Taylor Man? Or is it Martin? Thanks for watching. (Good thing(s) you did for Matt...you're a good fella.)

Marc- There is something happy, yet mysterious about this type of music isn't there. As always, thanks for
watching and being your positive self.

Buddy- Braveheart heh? Good flick! That was back before we knew how really Mel felt about things (yikes!)
Thanks for watching.

Craig Glad it made you want some Ale! I just had some earlier. Thanks for watching, sir. I appreciate it. More
Floyd from you perhaps?

Willem Yeah, I hope I started a trend with this Celtic stuff. Maybe somebody get something Celtic up and
really show how it is done. Thanks for watching. Whatcha workin' on these days?

Tom- Thanks Tom, you're a true Scott. I'm just a mutt like most Americans. We're from everywhere and
nowhere at the same time. Thanks for watching.

M.J.- Yeah, thanks I put in about two weeks. I am glad you liked it. How is your Thin Lizzy tune going? (I
think you got some good advice from Stuart on that...definitely an E and an F# in that base run)

Mark- Layaway huh? Thank ya kindly!!! I appreciate it sir. Thanks for watching.

Ness- Yep, this kind of music definitely has some charm to it. You know who else has charm is Tracy
Chapman. She isn't Celtic, but man is she good! lol! (Forgive me Vanessa) How ya doin' composer?
Thanks for watching.
Jayswett Glad you like it. Believe it or not that was the whole tune. (well, that was to the point where the variations come in anyway)...don't know if I'll be feeling Saint Paddy's this late in March or be hungry for a marshmallow. lol Thanks for watching!

Bob l Thanks Bob, You're a scholar and a gentleman. Glad you liked it.

Rick Thanks A Whole bunch Fella!!! Glad you like it!!! It was in Drop "D" Most of the tunes I got in this book are either in standard or just Drop D. If you want some of these arrangements let me know. (I understand you can't seem to find enough tunes to play around here. lol!) Thanks again and I hope you are feeling better.

Tony Glad you like the Irish stuff? Well, I guess I knew that with your love of all thing Pogues. Thanks for
watching and the kind words.

Pierre- Pierre that is a heck of an idea...Vegetable album!( Funny stuff.) If I was prolific I would do that
Thanks for watching. Thanks for the kind words...

Pete Enjoyable huh? Well thanks!!! I appreciate it sir.( b.t.w. I enjoyed your Neil Y. medley.)

Rick- Thanks man!!! I'm glad you like it! I think we decided with Chas's help that this tune originated in your neck of the woods. Thanks for watching and the kind words.

Tommy- Man you look pretty mean in that photo!( I'd say the only person in T.G. land that could step in the ring with you is Dean.) Thanks for the kind words Tommy. A true Scott and a gentleman! thanks!

Chris Thanks for the kind words and being your usual positive self. (b.t.w. that was cool seeing Lichtenstein...I really enjoyed it. Thanks for that! )

Music Junkie

Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:54 am

lueders wrote:
Geez, at long last I had better get to thanking some folks....

M.J.- Yeah, thanks I put in about two weeks. I am glad you liked it. How is your Thin Lizzy tune going? (I
think you got some good advice from Stuart on that...definitely an E and an F# in that base run)
It is coming along slowly, but it is a fun project so far. Bass runs are a weak point for me. I find I end up in the wrong position to get back into the following chord. I'll get it though, eventually.... :P

I am also trying to figure out if I want more picking in it, or more strumming. The song mixes it up and I like to keep things as close to original as possible, but still keep it playable from an acoustic standpoint. I am going to be writing it up in GP6 to make it easier to read and follow. If you are a TL fan at all, let me know and I can send you the finished product. I have been doing quite a few songs lately in GP6 and am learning more and more (Big shout out to Chas for his help there... B) ).

Stuart was right! I played it with the E/F#/G/A/B and also tried that same thing tuned down a half step. Both sounded darn good. I will probably keep it in standard tuning though, as I am a lazy soul and hate to change tunings if I don't have to.... ;)

Again, excellent job on a beautiful piece.

Talk to you soon.

J

AcousticAl

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Just saw this, Cori.

Sounded great- especially on that guitar. And you're right- it's too short!
Hopefully this is just the start of many uploads to this thread..

michelew

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Cori,

Sorry to be so late to respond.

I love Celtic music. It's very compelling and moving.

Yours is sounding great and will be awesome once you do own it. You don't have far to go.

Thanks for the trip.

Michele

lueders

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:14 am

Thanks Al & Michele,

No need to apologize for being late, you two...I appreciate any comments, whenever. Generally whatever...

Working adding some variations and a little fine-tuning. ( just trying to get a little more accurate Em-phas-Sis on the
correct musical Syll-A-ble(s)) Although, though Tony made me think, with his recent post I should helping be the
Target cause with student uploads at present.

Anyways, thank ya kindly, both of you.

dennisg

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:36 am

Well, that was just gorgeous, Cori, and definitely no easy piece to play. I would never have thought to use a resonator guitar on this, but it lends a sort of authentic-sounding lute quality. I absolutely love Irish music, and your song takes me right back to a time when I rode a bike around western Ireland, ducking into little pubs for a taste o' the tunes. Great job!

lueders

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:37 pm

Dennis, thank you very much!! I am still working on some variations and getting a little better command of it. Your support means a whole lot. (Man sounds like you might of had little too much in Ireland fun back in the day. lol! Sounds like a lot of fun to me!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic