Busking Celtic Music

jayswett

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:17 pm

I agree that it was short, but very enjoyable. Nice job. Can't wait to hear the rest.

BobR

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Cori,

Nice sound and very fun to listen to. Like Craig said I think I need a pint now. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Great stuff Cori and great to hear your resonator again. I wonder where the rest of the Scots are like Chas and Stuart and Carpet and Tommy...mending their kilts or tossing the cabers or some such highland thing, I guess.... ;-).

BigBear

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Cori- I loved that piece! Is that in standard tuning?

You probably know this already but this type of Olde English/ Baroque/ Rennaisance piece is one of Neil's specilties. He is really quite good at it (Surprise, right?). Maybe if he sees you learning this it will draw him out and make him humor us with a few more tunes and hopefully lessons.

I think you are really close to owning this now. Keep going and post it again. I really enjoyed it. Well done my friend!

:cheer:

cosmicmechanic

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:08 pm

A charming piece of music, Cori. Your guitar's sound gives it an even more medieval vibe.

A real nice surprise to have up your sleeve when there are spectators around.

"Jenny Plucks Pears", eh ? There's also some interesting string plucking (seriously) in the tune "Jimmy Crack Corn", you could do a vegetable-themed album (not so seriously). Sorry about that, it's been a long day ... [Edit] and pears are not even vegetables ... oh it was an even longer day than I thought at first.

Thanks for this !

Pierre

Chasplaya

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:17 am

Well I may be the first Scot to comment I enjoyed that piece and it sounds great on your resonator. But.... its not Celtic... Alexander covered numerous pieces from periods as early as the 1200's, this piece is English Country Dance music published by John Playford probably from his book 'English Country Dances' which contained many instructions for popular dances and music for them circa 1650's Actual author is unknown.

So its from that country south of the border written by a Sassenach!

Still enjoyed it though.

Chas

tovo

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:08 am

I thought that Scot was a Kiwi? Oh well...seems to know what he is talking about. That was cool Cori. Love a bit of the Irish myself and what you played, where ever it's from, was great.

lueders

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:06 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Well I may be the first Scot to comment I enjoyed that piece and it sounds great on your resonator. But.... its not Celtic... Alexander covered numerous pieces from periods as early as the 1200's, this piece is English Country Dance music published by John Playford probably from his book 'English Country Dances' which contained many instructions for popular dances and music for them circa 1650's Actual author is unknown.

So its from that country south of the border written by a Sassenach!

Still enjoyed it though.

Chas
Chas,
yes I believe you are correct. I saw that that in a little blurb about each song that is a dance song from "The Playford Series" It comes to me by way of a book of arrangements by Allan Alexander called Celtic Music for Guitar Vol.2. Swear, that is the name of the book....other tunes from the book are believed/said to derive from Scotland as well.

Thanks Chas,

b.t.w. I will thank everyone else proper later, when I am not at school

ceaser67

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:33 am

cori,
i really enjoyed that,nice guitar by the way,
Chris were did you get that photo of me,that was before i started working out lol,
And we wont mention the swiss army knife now there is a weapon for battle,i can see the big sergeant shouting now TIN OPENERS OPEN men CHAAAAAARRRRGGGEEEE lol
Youre scottish friend
Tommy

tombo1230

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Well I may be the first Scot to comment
Chas
Nope 2nd.

Tom N. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic