Busking The Zombies

ktyevols

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:28 am

Great job; takes me back to my teenage years.......when do we get to hear "Tell Her No"..............Ken in Charleston

BigBear

Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm

WOW Dennis, really nicely done. One of my favorite songs. You got the key just perfect for your voice.

I really enjoyed that! Just excellent! :cheer:

pbraun

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:07 pm

Wow Dennis that was great, takes me way back! No doubt I'm old enough to remember.
Very good
Pete

dennisg

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Mark: I think you put it perfectly when you said that this song has become a part of the fabric of our lives. I've literally never met anyone -- from any generation -- that hasn't heard it and doesn't get a positive vibe from the song. I feel for you, brother. It's tough to look out the window and see the same crappy weather every day. But I'm glad to hear your coffee is starting to taste better. By the way, I'm not the first guy from Seattle to impact the taste of people's coffee. I didn't mean to turn this reply into a PM, but I just want to thank you for the never-ending enthusiasm and support you've given me.

Ken: Don't think I didn't give "Tell Her No" a listen on YouTube after I read your post. All I can say is ... you never know. Thanks for posting.

Rick: Good to hear from you. Yeah, it's definitely one of my favorite songs, too, and I got the idea to play it about two weeks ago when I heard it on Radio Paradise, my favorite internet radio station. That station is just a treasure trove of great music from all eras. Thanks for the olive branch.

Pete: I'm pretty sure this song takes a lot of us old guys back to the days when we were ...
Funny, I can't remember.

ceaser67

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Great job
i would have lost money on that Dennis,i would have said Carlos Santana,but i will take youre word on that
Anyway great job and thanks for the added pub quize question lol
Youre scottish friend
Tommy
PS trying to catch up with these threads and lessons is tuff lol

mark

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:05 pm

I think this song suits you perfectly and you played it really well.

How about a song from a spin off group of the zombies next. Argent did some good songs - how about an acoustic version of "Hold your head up"

dennisg

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Tommy: Yeah, you would have lost a few Euros on that one. Probably something in my weird strum reminded you of Santana. Thanks for listening.

Mark: Good to hear from you. Funny, I was going to ask that Argent trivia question, but I knew someone would rush over to Wikipedia and grab the answer. Trivia has just lost its mojo.

AcousticAl

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Dennis,

My visits have been quite sporadic as of late- but I'm sure glad I stopped by and caught this.
Really nice version of a great song. 'In your wheelhouse' so to speak.
Also liked your strumming pattern for it.

Always a nice surprise to see what you'll upload.

dennisg

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks so much for stopping by, Al. I appreciate your comments and enjoy bringing great (but obscure) songs to TG.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic