Busking The Zombies

dennisg

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm willing to bet on two things: 1) everybody knows this song -- either from hearing it on the radio, used in a movie, or as background in a TV show; and 2) not one person in 10 can name the band that made this song famous. It was The Zombies, a 60's band that was smack dab in the middle of the British invasion, as we in America called it. The Zombies had three hits in the U.S.: "She's Not There," "Tell Her No," and "Time of the Season." Great songs, all of them. Here's their first hit, reimagined in a rowdy, little arrangement.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

sws626

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Dennis,

I'm floored. This is just fantastic. You rock!

-Stuart

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Hey Dennis, cool song well played! I haven't heard that for ages and you did great job on getting the original feel of the song over. Looks like you had a lot of fun playing that. On a nice sunny day in Seattle... I can't think of a better way to enjoy the day.Good to hear from you after a long pause... always entertaining and always off the beaten track.

tovo

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Mmm. I am returning momentarily to my Army days. "permission to gush Sir?"...."Permission granted carry on".

DAMN that was good. Knowing you Den, you over-talented old fellow (nobody should be able to write brilliantly AND play so very well...one or the other please) you learned that in a couple of days.

Never heard your voice sound so good. I am interested in that slight rasp you got in that performance (I really dug it). Is that something that has appeared following your surgery? (Hope that isn't too personal). Reason I ask is, that if it did, it is something very positive that has come from an event that I know you feel robbed you of some of your vocal range.

It was funky, it was boppy, it was COOL as ice and SMOOTH as silk.

Did I mention I loved it??

BobR

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi Dennis,

I do remember and have always liked this tune. You did it really, really good. Nice sound, playing, and your singing was top notch.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

jimcjimc

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Dennis,
Great job singing and playing on that one. I am a Zombies fan - one of the one in ten, I guess. Good to see you busking.
Jim

buddy

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Dennis, Hey dude rally psychedelic man. Really super job on this song. it fits you and your style really well. I loved the way you belted it out !!!

Bud

BobR

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:02 pm

OMG Dénnis :ohmy: , that was sooooooo véry cool!

Can't believe how you pulled it off by yourself, especially the chorus, but you áctually did it!

And you're singing was absolutely the best, just loved áll of it! :cheer:

Ness

Btw...I loved your smile at the end as well, that's really really nice! ;)

suziko

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Dennis,

This was really fun to watch! I especiallly loved the percussive quality you gave your strumming, how you had those little pauses thrown in periodically. That was really cool. I never would have imagined this song stripped down and done as a solo, acoustic piece, but I loved your version. What key is this song played in? I love the kind of groovy, 60's feel to it (Time of the Season is my favorite Zombies tune, and has that same feel). Like other commenters, I thought your singing sounded really strong and confident. In general, just a great version of a great song.

Thanks for posting!

Suzi

lueders

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:35 pm

THAT WAS MAGIC!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! You could-a and should-a sang on the original recording you were out of this world, scary-good Dennis! WOOOOOW!!! Your playing was perfect and your singing was better...
Geeeeez that was, good!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic