Busking Righteous Brothers

neverfoundthetime

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks Daryl.... man I thought I was doing the low vocals ;-). I guess it was a hybrid!

jayswett

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Your karoke reference did elicit a chuckle, but the piece was beautiful and like every video of yours, I enjoyed it immensely. Now I am off to check out MarkM's video as you suggested.

millponddave

Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Chris,

Isn't music SUPPOSED to blow you away and lift your spirits? Great job, I enjoyed it throughly!

Dave

tovo

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:14 pm

I wouldn't say it's "completely out of line" Chris! It's a different approach is all. Hey...if it feels good...do it. Don't like it? Don't watch it!

Surprising choice for you I thought. It surprised me anyway!

There's never been any doubt at all you have a really good voice Chris. I hope that the process of recording this cheered you up.

pbraun

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 am

Chris, it sounds great, your voice is strong so for me I didn't pay attention to the background,
Pete

willem

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:08 am

Hi Chris,,someone told me way back when she(a flutetist) is feeling bad or sad she never try to play something i can imagine that but every person is not the same and when it get your mind of things well do it..i could hear that a bit in your singin but it can also add something and it lift your spirits so great job,,when i had not read your post writings first then maybe i had not noticed it,,hope everything is fine now and looking forward to your supriseses...

michelew

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:57 am

Chris,

If I could sing like you I wouldnt EVER stop. Just beautiful and so heartfelt as always. And there were guitars in there.

M.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:14 am

Many thanks for checking in and for the kind comments Jay, Dave, Tony, Pete, Willem and Michele. Glad to surprise you Tony, surprised my self a little as I've always though this to be too much of a monster to tame. Which is why the River Deep, Mountain High type wall of sound remained in the final mix to fill the void. On the singing Pete, I did two takes, one to get up to speed and the second one stuck... not perfect as I'm lagging a micro second behind in a couple of lines and stuff up the crescendo by missing a beat and repeating a line but it's part of the fun having something to improve upon afterwards. Willem, it's not a good sign when I don't feel like picking the guitar up so it's a bit of judo roll here to get back up on top of things. Maybe it helped in the singing. Michele's right, never stop singing, and I won't!

Learned a few things doing this, one piece of trivia to add: in the original Cher was singing in the backing vocals.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:51 am

Chris, it was useful that you added a bit of context to this post ... by the way, the song isn't kitsch to me.

It has that smokey, grimy "wall of sound" of course, but your voice is the clincher ...
you could have sung it from inside of a metal barrel and it would be just as moving and
the sound would be just as mysterious.

Keep your chin up and your nose down !
Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:56 am

smokey, grimy "wall of sound"
...exactly Pierre! Well said. Thanks for dropping by and for your kind comments. Merci!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic