Busking Peter Frampton

skaladar

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Baby I Love Your Way

To commemorate the launch of the "Frampton Comes Alive" 35th anniversary tour this June, I thought it would be fun to play a little something from what became one of the best-selling live albums to date. It still gets a lot of airplay on New York's classic rock radio stations.

To quote from the movie Wayne’s World "Everybody in the world has Frampton Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it."[/i ]Well, at the risk of dating myself, I not only had the album back then but I also managed to find a book with all the sheet music from the album. The music book is long gone, partly due to my 30 year hiatus from playing the guitar, but I did manage to remember parts of it.

I had hoped that some of Peter Frampton's music would be covered here at TG but alas it is not. Granted, Peter Frampton is not known as one of the top guitarists of his time but he has written quite a few popular songs, many of which are acoustic. I recently added this song to the 'Recommend a Lesson' section and I hope that it gets noticed and Neil will consider some lessons from Peter Frampton’s music. Enough rambling from me ...

Hope you enjoy :-)

♫ Ken ♫

sbutler

Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Ken, you beat me too it. Just a couple of weeks ago, I got into Amazon and bought a bunch of Framptons stuff. Stuff that I had a one time, but lost to some thievery years ago.

When I was in Los Gatos last week, I mentioned to Neil that I had seen Frampton and Jethro Tull the same night in Kansas City years ago, and I think that was among the top five live shows that I've ever seen.

Hopefully he'll take the hint and we may see something "come alive" her someday soon.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks

NKenny

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey Ken!

Peter Frampton....well yeah, I know his name indeed, and I do know this song. Some interesting chords in there, wich you played quite effortlessly, very well!

So thanks for sharing Ken, I enjoyed it, so great to see you play and sing, well done! :cheer:

Ness

tovo

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Ken. This tune was huge in Australia when it was released way back when. My observation was the same as Ness, you played some tricky chords very cleanly throughout.

Thanks for posting mate.

MarkM

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Ken,

I have to say it was a pleasure to hear this song played and sung by someone else other than Frampton. Nothing against Peter but it is still played all the time on the radio and this was refreshing. I thought you played this very well. I never paid attention to the chords before but watching you was a treat to see. Nice job on the playing and singing Ken. Thanks for sharing!!! I hope to see more from you on here.

MarkM

cosmicmechanic

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Ken, I really enjoyed this. Well played and sung, it's good that you did the whole tune ... really set a mood there.

Thanks for this !
Pierre

jimcjimc

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Ken,
Great job on that one! Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed it all the way to the end.

Jim

Lavallee

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Nice playing Ken, interesting chords you have there, great singing too.

Marc

sws626

Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi Ken,

Thanks for reminding me of my age. I thought you did a great job with it. Are you recording this at your office? That must lighten up the work day.

Was the sheet music accurate to the chords you are playing or did you have to work that out yourself?

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic