Busking Peter Frampton

tvarga

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:30 pm

I just got tickets to see Peter Frampton this summer. I really loved his instrumental album called Fingerprints. Anyway, I recently heard his song called 'Penny For Your Thoughts', loved it and had to learn it.
-Tom

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dtaylor

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:35 pm

Fun song Tom, nice playing. It'd be nice to hear with faithful reproduction but YT doesn't do it justice I reckon. Still, congratulations on your work.

AcousticAl

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Well that's a catchy tune, isn't it Tom!

I had to play it again while I type this.. Great way to end my day.

I know you gravitate towards the harder fingerpicking songs and I thought you did a great job with it.

Thanks for the look!

AcousticAl

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:57 pm

...and from the better late than never file...

Ken- I just watched your 3 year old upload for the first time and thought you did a great job with it! You've got a nice relaxed vibe and I like the interesting chords you used.
Would be curious to see an update if you're so inclined.

skaladar wrote:
Baby I Love Your Way

To commemorate the launch of the "Frampton Comes Alive" 35th anniversary tour this June, I thought it would be fun to play a little something from what became one of the best-selling live albums to date. It still gets a lot of airplay on New York's classic rock radio stations.

To quote from the movie Wayne’s World "Everybody in the world has Frampton Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it."[/i ]Well, at the risk of dating myself, I not only had the album back then but I also managed to find a book with all the sheet music from the album. The music book is long gone, partly due to my 30 year hiatus from playing the guitar, but I did manage to remember parts of it.

I had hoped that some of Peter Frampton's music would be covered here at TG but alas it is not. Granted, Peter Frampton is not known as one of the top guitarists of his time but he has written quite a few popular songs, many of which are acoustic. I recently added this song to the 'Recommend a Lesson' section and I hope that it gets noticed and Neil will consider some lessons from Peter Frampton’s music. Enough rambling from me ...

Hope you enjoy :-)

♫ Ken ♫

Music Junkie

Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Tom:

That was a great little tune. It was good to see you again, you have been quiet around here for a while. Was this in standard tuning, or in an alternate tuning?

As always, your playing seems very smooth and relaxed. The fretting seemed very clean and the notes rang out very clearly. Excellent job! B)

Jason

P.S. Have a great time at the concert!

tvarga

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:10 pm

It's in open G tuning which makes the fingering pretty easy, although there are some quick movements in there. :)
I found the guitar-pro tab at ultimate-guitar.com.
However, it's got some inaccuracies and missing parts but they're not that difficult to figure out by listening to Peter playing it.
-Tom

Music Junkie

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:20 pm

tvarga wrote:
It's in open G tuning which makes the fingering pretty easy, although there are some quick movements in there. :)
I found the guitar-pro tab at ultimate-guitar.com.
However, it's got some inaccuracies and missing parts but they're not that difficult to figure out by listening to Peter playing it.
-Tom
Nice, thanks for the information. Any chance you might be heading back to the IGC this year? I might be able to arrange for nice dark beers to show up... ;)

tombo1230

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am

Also three years too late, but I enjoyed this old tune Ken well done! I was singing along with you. :)

Nicely played Tom and sounded great! :)

Tom N.

BobR

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:21 am

Hi Tom,

Very nicely done. Your finger picking always sounds good to me.

So will I see you at IGC?

I hope all's well with you.

Bob

tvarga

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:11 pm

No IGC for me this year. :(
I've now got two full college tuitions to pay so things are tight.
Hopefully next time.
-Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic