Busking Peter Frampton

Craig

Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:04 am

Ken,
Nice job! Wow, 35 years! Thanks for sharing. Good job playing and singing.
Craig

willem

Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:32 am

Hi Ken,, i like it a,,i do love populair songs,,i go and vote on your recommendation..thanks for refressing my mind...

Catman

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:56 am

A good one! I haven't heard that for a long time!

-David

skaladar

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:34 am

I agree Scott ... I think it would be nice to see Frampton Come Alive at TG :-) ... I'm glad you mentioned it to Neil. Thanks for that.

Thanks Dermot ... The guitar I'm playing is a Yamaha APX500. It's one of their thinline acoustic electrics which makes it a very playable parlor type guitar.

Vanessa, Thank you very much. Indeed some of the chords on the way down the neck are unusual ... or maybe I just make it look that way because I am muting both E strings, fretting A and B and playing D and G open. Or trying to at least :-)

Tony ... I guess this was pretty huge world-wide. Thanks for the kind words but I'm not too sure it was played all too cleanly :-)

I’m glad you liked it Mark even if you do sound a little PF weary ... hehe

Thanks Pierre, I considered playing it a little differently because there's a half verse with no singing but a keyboard solo and without the keyboard it sounded a little empty. I left it alone because that leads right into the next verse skipping the chorus and that just didn’t fit well.

Thanks Jim, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you kindly Marc. Yes, there are some unusual chords there.

Sorry for the age reminder Stuart. I saw Frampton when he was 'that baby faced kid' from Humble Pie at the Fillmore East in NYC years before he "came alive" ... now there's a reality check :-)

I recorded this in my home office, a place I use mostly to meet clients. I think if I had a guitar on the job I wouldn't ever get any work done.

If I recall correctly, the sheet music I had was fairly accurate but you have to remember that this was at a pre tablature time so it was just that ... sheet music! (another reality check) There was a chord chart, of sorts, but it's just not the same. When I picked up the guitar again about 6 months ago I started to look for sheet music online and I did find some tabs for this but everything I found was grossly inaccurate. When I heard about the anniversary tour a few weeks ago I turned to the help of YouTube and after watching some performances by PF my memory was jogged enough for me to piece it back together. Thanks for the comments

Yep Craig, 35 years … where has the time gone? Thanks for the kind words :-)

Glad you liked it willem. It was popular then and from what Mark says, and what I hear on my local radio, it appears it is still pretty popular today ... Thanks for the comments and the vote. It would be interesting to see how Neil presents this.

It sure has been a long time David ... Thanks for watching :-)

Well, Thanks for all the positive comments. I am clearly not much of a singer but this is a fun song to play and I think it needs to be sung. So, I am not going to let my questionable ability stop me from enjoying it. Thanks for the kind words in that regard.

♫ Ken ♫

juanlla

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:02 am

Ken,
Thanks for posting this. You brough alive so many memories !!!. I really enjoyed watching you play this.

:-)

Juan

BobR

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:28 am

Ken,

I never had too many albums but I did have Frampton Comes Alive.

Nice job
Thanks for sharing

Bob

skaladar

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:06 am

juanlla wrote:
Ken,
Thanks for posting this. You brough alive so many memories !!!. I really enjoyed watching you play this.

Juan
I wasn't going to add to this thread but I have to after that comment Juan. I'm glad you enjoyed this and it brought back some memories but that is nothing compared to your recent post Busking Genesis.
That really blew me away. Talk about bringing back memories! This is stuff you just don't hear. I've been revisiting early Genesis stuff ever since.

================

Bob ... I don't believe one can ever have too many albums :-) Thanks for commenting.

♫ Ken ♫

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Great job on posting that song Ken. Very nicely played and sung. Haven't heard that in donkey's yonks! Went right over and voted for it.

shargram

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:36 pm

My video for Oh For Another Day by Peter Frampton.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

AndyT

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:03 pm

I have a simpler version I play of this (Baby I love Your Way), but I've some timing issues with it and have not had a chance to sit and mess with it long enough to get it nice.
Well done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic