Busking Genesis

juanlla

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Horizons is a beautiful song from Steve Hacket that came out in the Album Foxtrot 1972.

I love this one and though I'd share it with my TG friends.
Hopefully one day we'll have a lesson from Neil.

Hope you enjoy it
Juan

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

sbutler

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Juan, thats a really neat song. I don't know if I have ever heard that one before now, so thanks for sharing.

I really like the sound your getting from your guitar. Good job

Scott

cosmicmechanic

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Juan, STANDING OVATION here !

I've been hoping for a lesson on this since TG started ... I even bugged Neil with a PM about it (over a year ago).

A while back, a friend who knew I played some guitar showed me a YouTube video of Steve Hackett playing this.
I had my guitar beside me, and he actually expected me to play it after having watched the video :P

That was sooo good ! Thanks for the inspiration !

Pierre

lueders

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:28 pm

In the Beginning...the Lord made the band that made this album and it was truly good!
Then the Lord sent Satan into the garden(or was it (Phil Collins?) to tempt the band with the allure of solo
projects, and the and lackluster movie "Buster".

Way to go Juan, that was really nice!!! That looks REALLY tricky to me! I thought you did a great job, man!
Thanks for the post on this really, really cool stuff!!!

Cori

Lavallee

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Very nice playing Juan, you are giving justice to the song. I play it as well and I know it requires a lot of practice. So you play much more advanced songs than what you had shown on video before. What else do you have in your bag?

Marc

BobR

Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Juan,

I liked that a lot. Your playing seems real smooth on this piece.

Thanks for sharing,

Bob

tovo

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:08 am

Juan that was really, really cool. Beautifully played. Really precise and I agree with Scott, love the tone you are getting from your guitar in that tune. You have been a busy fellow!

skaladar

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:13 am

Way to go Juan ... I think you did a great job with a tough song and really did it justice. You also showed a side of you I hadn't yet seen.

I am a HUGE fan of early Genesis ... Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England, The Lamb etc. so it was a real treat to hear this.

I didn't think there was a heckuva lot of Genesis that could be covered here (although I have become convinced that Neil could turn a recording of humpback whale sounds into a guitar lesson) but Horizons is a great candidate.

Thanks for sharing,

♫ Ken ♫

MarkM

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:52 am

Juan,

That was really really good!! Great job on the harmonics!! You can tell you put alot of work into this as it showed just how comfortable you were in playing this song. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Very nicely played indeed Jaun... many thanks for sharing that lovely song.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic