Busking BUDDY

beaker

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Buddy, Wow man. That was a great song. Probably the best thing that I have seen you post. I am glad you have found a way to pick up the guitar again and play this song. this song really honours your Brother. Like others have said, it is great as it is. Beaker.

tvarga

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Wow, that was very touching. There's a song that I wanted to record after a friend of mine passed away last year and I still can't get through it without choking up. Thanks for sharing. It really displays all of your talents well.
-Tom

cosmicmechanic

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi Buddy,
This tune has quite an impact and even serves as an inspiration for myself to write, as an outlet for whatever feelings ...

But maybe answering your request for possible improvements means putting ourselves in the place of someone who doesn't have the faintest idea who Buddy is, or if he is just inventing a story ? And why would we want to do that ? Maybe because we want to sell a million copies to strangers ? In that case, you can count on your producer to add the ketchup, mayonnaise and the jumping shark.

Maybe this producer would suggest that you ask yourself if a phrase (or part of it) might have more emotional effect if almost whispered.
I don't think he'd suggest any louder vocals, your voice is plenty strong throughout.
Could an odd chord be strummed instead of picked in order to emphasize the lyrics? Don't get me wrong ... I understand that this is definitely a fingerpicking tune.

I know that I'm just reminding you of the obvious ... you are so competent that I feel I this general answer might just serve to stir things up, if you decide to explore variations.

After learning "from the horse's mouth" the motivation for composing this tune, it's a privilege to see it performed by the composer himself.

Pierre

AndyT

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:11 pm

I have to echo everyones comments. It's a very heartfelt song and obviously one the touches you deeply.
I think I understand what you mean by it's not finished and if you just change the inflection in your voice at the end to give it an air of finality, then I think that will take care of what you want.

Well done.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:58 am

Buddy.....that was....so moving and intense..

I've listened to it more than once now as well, because I didn't had the time to really sit down ánd comment, and I'm glad I did, I loved the 'simple' arrangement and as always your voice, wich sounds truly heartfelt...I'm so sorry to hear about your brother....must be hard, well you've said it all in this song.. it gave me goosebumps..

Putting up a selfwritten-song in the first place and then one wich is so personal....well you have my utmost respect and admiration...

Ness

pbraun

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:48 am

Buddy your songs always are from the heart, this one tops all of them. Don't change a thing
Pete

Yamaha48

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:11 am

Hello my friend Bud.

Whow!!!!!!!!!! a song with a soul insite.
You sing the song with your hard.
I can feel the emotion,and in my eyes litle tears.
Great to share it with us,after so long time.
And im proud to pickup your guitar.
What a shame you loose your brotther,my friend.

Thanks................greetz ..............Anton

BobR

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:24 am

Buddy,

Very emotional and heartfelt. I wouldn't change a thing.

Bob

Chasplaya

Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Given the fact you wrote it 30yrs ago for your Brother, to change anything now would be dabbling with the heartfelt memories that created it, which reflected/captured your mood, emotion and feelings at the time.

Don't change a thing... but, maybe write a new song like a sequel relating your memories and how you feel now that time has passed, possibly about the happier times you had. That might help you finish this one.

Beautifully sung as always Buddy, and I like the bridge part which fitted very well with the emotion.

Chas

buddy

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Cori and Beaker, Thanks guys that means a lot to me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic