Busking BUDDY

buddy

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:22 pm

I must admit that I am posting this song up with fear and trembling. I wrote this song over 30 years ago when I was 20 years old. I wrote it in memory of my Brother who died at age 24 of Brain Cancer. I have never recorded this song and have not played it since after he was buried because I could not get through it. My brothers death is one of the reasons I put down the guitar for 30 years as it brought back so many memories of him and I playing together in our youth. I know it needs more work and it feels unfinished to me, so any constructive suggestions are more than welcome as I would to like finish it up now that I can play it.

"BROTHERS SONG"

Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

takhak

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Buddy,
You have a beautiful original that captures how you felt 30 years ago. don't tweak it or fix it.
Your brother would love it as is .

millponddave

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Buddy, It is perfect just the way it is. It brought tears to my eyes. What a great memorial to your brother.

Dave

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:23 am

It's very hard to find words for this Buddy as it its so touching and anything I could say is expressed in your voice and the song already. Its obviouse that you have been on a journey of late and this is a big part of it. Stunning job!

ffsooo3

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:47 am

Touching. Why do you think "it still needs work" and "is unfinished"? What do you think it needs?

buddy

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Tak, thanks so much for your comment and encouragement.

buddy

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Dave, Sorry to make you cry with this one but I am glad you enjoyed it. It has brought more than one tear to my eyes as well.

buddy

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Chris, I appreciate your insights on this. It is amazing how trials and troubles can prompt us to grow if we will look at them in the proper perspective. My brothers death was one of the most painful things that I ever experienced but it did really change my perspective on life, love and relationships in a positive way. Recent trials with Sue's health have done the same for both her and I. Though I would not wish difficulties on anyone, they will happen in this both wonderful and painful world we live in, however they can bring joy in the morning of a new day if we allow it.

Wow, that was a lot heavier than I intended :-)

buddy

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:13 pm

ffsooo3 wrote:
Touching. Why do you think "it still needs work" and "is unfinished"? What do you think it needs?
I guess it just seems to simple from a composition standpoint. But maybe that is better in this case ?

lueders

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:13 pm

I've listened to this several times. (And, I think I am in agreement with everyone else.)I mean you tell me if I'm wrong..but I wouldn't think you would want to edit this thing too much. It is quite heartfelt, & palpable as is...I believe. Great job on this touching song and condolences over your brother's passing years ago..

Cori

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic