Busking Dan Fogelberg

AndyT

Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Rick,
Thanks, although I wonder about your hearing if you like my singing. LOL

Chris,
Practice in front of the cam? Sounds like an idea.

ffsoo,
That funny chord is a Bb. I'm working on the fingering you suggest.

Pierre,
Yeah, my wife really liked it until I turned on the camera. Then she gave me that sideways look you get from confused dogs. LOL

Willem,
It's not a lesson. Not yet anyway. You can have my camera nerves, I don't want them.

Jay,
The tempo is deceptive. Dans fingers are moving fast, but it's still a slow song. I probably did play it too fast. I usually do. LOL A friend of mine calls himself "The King of Slow". We tend to balance each other and get near the right speed.

Mark,
Races? You mean now I'm competing?! Not with you and Neil I hope! LOL

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi Andy thanks for posting this, its also one of my favourites, have you ever tried the finger-picking version? Playing in front of the camera gets easier the more you do it... so I'm told, maybe I should try it lol!

buddy

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Andy, I sure feel your pain on the camera jitters. i would rather play in front of a group than the camera any time. Nice effort on this great song.

Bud

sbutler

Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Andy I think maybe we all put too much pressure on ourself's when we record something. I've been thinking about just turning the camera on while I practice, not wait till I come close to a finished product. After all, I'm trying to learn how to play and showing the things that I get frustrated with, may be the very thing I need to show my guitar teacher, so he can do some of that teaching stuff too me.

Anyway, glad to see ya and hope to see more.
Thanks Andy.

Scott

AndyT

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks Bud and Scott. You two are getting to be pro in front of the camera.

Chas... Hmmm... Maybe I should have Kiwi Five-O film you when you're not looking and post it here. It is a great song. Long been one of my favorites. I just want to do it justice now instead of insulting it. LOL

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:41 pm

AndyT wrote:
Chas... Hmmm... Maybe I should have Kiwi Five-O film you when you're not looking and post it here. It is a great song. Long been one of my favorites. I just want to do it justice now instead of insulting it. LOL
Get a haircut you hippy!

AndyT

Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Chas, 'Mr. Establishment" W.

LOL
Yeah, I have 3 different fingerpicking versions of it. One is just the melody, one is a 'standard' pattern and the other is the way Dan played it. I'm working on Dan's version but it's really a finger twister. So, I'm also working on more of a chord melody finger version also. By the time I'm done, I should be playing this one in my sleep. LOL

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:11 am

Hi Andy,

Good to see another video from you. The best answer to the camera issue is to keep at it. You'll eventually forget it's there.
(there's some other advice about picturing your audience in their underwear- but I won't go there :blush: )

I haven't tried this song- but it looks like it's got some tough chords/quick changes in spots.
Keep at it and I look forward to an update.

Yamaha48

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:29 am

Hello my friend Andy.
Welcom back by the video club.
I know the problem,when the video starts.
Manny teaks some times.
Im looking forwards to a upload,when the time is wright.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Cheers.......................Anton

pbraun

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:59 am

Andy what a great song to learn, I hate the camera too but I thought you played well to it and most times you have to just let it go and hope for the best. Hope you do an update soon!
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic