Busking Dan Fogelberg

willem

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:20 am

Music Junkie wrote:
AndyT wrote:
Jason,
I have one in Open G, Melody in standard, Pattern pick in standard and rhythm in standard.
I'd play the open G as its much easier, but I'm too lazy to retune my guitar. LOL[/size]
I am right there with you Andy. I really do not like to change tunings, mostly out of laziness, so it can be a bit limiting on the songs from time to time. Although, I have recently found a few very fun songs in DADGAD and one in Open D (almost DADGAD with the exception of the F# instead of G) that have got me thinking..... ;)

For now I keep my Martin in DADGAD and my Taylor in Standard and switch back and forth. Now I just need one for Drop D, Double Drop D, Open G, Open E, half step below standard and whole step below standard..... The world will be well when I get there...... Then I would wake up....... :woohoo:

J

there are more tunings to dream

AndyT

Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:59 am

J,
Stop it stop it! I'm jealous already! I need both your guitars. Then I'll be able to cover 4 tunings plus one off tuning on electric.

Willem,
You ever play DAAADD tuning or whatever it was he said? LOL Too many tunings for me.

tovo

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 am

Andy I've been camping for the last 7 days...missed a heap of stuff over a week and this is the first one I have looked at. I would say good on you for posting a less than perfect take (with respect..I'm not intending to be critical). I think showing where the tune is at is a great way to get really strong help and you have got some great advice from those who know this tune. I don't I'm afraid. I did get the feeling that the camera really does make you very nervous, so hope that improves for you. Cheers.

AndyT

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:01 am

Tony,
Welcome back and thanks!
The camera makes me feel like I'm in politics and that is a dangerous profession. Maybe thats why I look ready to run in the vid.... LOL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic