Collaboration of Bleeker Street (Simon & Garfunkel)

ffsooo3

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:48 am

dennisg wrote:
A really enjoyable performance from all four of you.
Good ears (and eyes). ;)

And Chris, I too, had never heard of this song before.

beaker

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:14 am

Daryl & JHall,
This is great! I am mystified by how you did this. I really liked it. Beaker.

BobR

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:20 am

Daryl / John,

Excellent job by both. You guys come up with some great collaborations, way to go!! Very cool effect, but which one is Simon? :laugh:

Bob

buddy

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:24 am

FANTASTIC GUYS !!!!! Love the guitar in this really clear picking and great timing as well. I like the eveil twin effect as well.

Bud

JHall

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks all. I stayed up really late last night editing and then uploading this one. Always hard to go to sleep after completing a fun project... but really nice to wake up to such encouraging comments from the TG crew. You guys make me try harder... glad only Daryl heard my first attempt at this song. The lower vocal was kind of a challenge for me (or rather my evil twin) to stay on pitch. Playing with the green screen has been fun. I wasn't quite sure how it could be used on this project so I'm glad it seems to have worked out OK and was not too much of a distraction. I'm still in awe of Daryl's guitar playing on this song every time I hear it... and that's been quite a few times! :-) Thank you Daryl for not only making this video possible but for doing such an incredible job with a song that you had never even heard before. Ness, I definitely was thinking about your performance advice... thanks for noticing! :) OK, now I have to go mow the yard.

John

suziko

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Wow, guys, that was excellent! Wonderful guitar playing, as usual, Daryl! And some really sweet harmonies from John. Plus, just a cool video to watch. Not a S&G song I knew, but I really liked it- thanks for introducing me to it.

Suzi

Hydroman52

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Daryl & John,

You guys make me want to break up all my equipment and toss it in the fireplace . . . . and then retire to a nursing home. Well, maybe I’ll stick around just to see what you do next. Good stuff here, and more green screen, too. All that takes a lot of work!

Thanks for posting.

Hydroman52

jayswett

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:21 pm

That was great. You guys are coming up with quite a collection of collaborations. Keep it up.

AcousticAl

Sun May 01, 2011 4:08 pm

As others have said- not a song I knew either.

But excellent all round though. Quality, effects, playing, singing!

A home run- and one of my favourite collaborations I've seen on TG!

Congrats!

michelew

Sun May 01, 2011 5:01 pm

John and Daryl,

That was just outstanding!! REALLY gorgeous playing and singing.

Thanks for the show

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic